EOS - Model QR - Quick Release Soluble Substrate
EOSQR is a quick release soluble substrate for rapid fermentation and short-lived electron donor addition. EOSQR is designed to pre-condition the aquifer creating a highly reducing redox state and initiate enhanced anaerobic dechlorination of contaminated groundwater. EOSQR serves as an excellent pre-treatment prior to an emulsified oil substrate (EOS) injection.
Water soluble organic substrate to pre-condition the groundwater before emulsified oil injection or as a short-term stand alone treatment of chlorinated solvents
- Compatible with EOS oils, CoBupHMg, and BAC-9
- Sodium free
- “Jump starts” bacterial growth
- Soluble in water
- 99% food-grade fermentable carbon
- 2x hydrogen release compared to sodium lactate
- A food grade substrate without sodium; ideal for salt-sensitive aquifers
- Rapidly-biodegradable substrate to “jump start” bacterial growth
- Soluble in water for excellent transport in the subsurface
- Provides more electron equivalence per pound than sodium lactate
- Oil Emulsion Concentrate: EOSQR: Typical
- Rapidly Biodegradable Soluble Substrate (% by wt.): 99
- Specific Gravity: 1.25 – 1.26
- Viscosity (at ambient temp.): ~1,500 cP
- Organic Carbon (% by wt.): 99
- Mass of Hydrogen Produced (lbs. H2 per lb. EOSQR): 0.15
Packaging: Shipped in 55-gallon drums, 275-gallon IBC totes
EOSQR is shipped as a ready-to-use concentrate that can be diluted with water in the field. Dilution ratios for EOSQR typically range from 4:1 to 10:1 (water: EOSQR) depending on site conditions.
For best performance, use EOSQR as shipped within 90 days of delivery and store at a temperature between 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C).