F&J - Model Econoair Plus L-5P - Personal Air Sampler
The F&J Econoair Plus L-5P personal air sampler consists of a pump contained in a high impact steel fiber filled Lexan, antistatic and RFI/EMI-shielded case, exclusive electronic circuit board for constant flow control, an LCD display with 2 lines of 16 characters, a single diaphragm pump mechanism and a rechargeable NiMH battery pack.
The purpose of this pump is to draw air contaminants in through a sampling media such as 25, 37 and 47mm filter cassettes, bubble impingers, long-duration color detector tubes; to gauge personnel exposure to gases, vapors, particulates, aerosols, etc.
No tools are required to operate this pump and a password protected keypad locking system provides uninterrupted operation. The main display allows quick selection to RUN (for sampling) or MENU (to reset pumps data).
Other features include elapsed time, flow rate and accumulated volume. The built in timer counts down the sampling time up to 40 hours and automatically turns the pump off.
- Runs 20 hours @ 2.0 LPM (37 mm 0.8μ filter)*
- Constant flow, high back pressure capability for 25 mm 0.45µ asbestos filters
- Accuracy: ± 5% of compensation range
- Flows up to 5 LPM
- Flow compensation for filter plugging and battery voltage
- Dual flow range easily handles Impingers, cyclones and tubes
- “Auto-restart” within one minute of a flow fault
- Memory free rechargeable single pack battery and optional extended run with use of triple packs
- Battery pack rechargeable while attached or separately
- Compact, rugged and quiet
- Stainless steel belt clip with built-in tripod connector
- Key pad lock system
- One year warranty
* Actual flow rate achievable is dependent upon filter media flow resistance and diameter.
- Total Flow Range: 0.8-5 LPM (800-5000 cc/min) (Flows of 5-799 cc/min requires the optional Universal Low Flow Sorbent Tube Holder.
- Compensation Range:
- 5000 cc/min up to 10” water back pressure
- 4000 cc/min up to 20” water back pressure
- 3000 cc/min up to 40” water back pressure
- 2000 cc/min up to 50” water back pressure
- 1000 cc/min up to 30” water back pressure
- 800 cc/min up to 15” water back pressure
- Accuracy: ± 5% of the flow set point
- Low Flow using Universal Low Flow Holder: 5 – 799 cc/min 8 hours
- Data Storage: Last flow rate, elapsed clock time and accumulated volume is saved into memory until cleared for next sampling.
- Display: Backlit LCD with 2 lines of 16 Characters
- Normal Operation Battery Level, Flow Rate, Elapsed Time, Volume Collected, Timer
- Flow Fault Displays: Flow Fault or Filter Off
- Power Supply:
- Single Pack, NiMH Batteries: 4.8V, 2.15 Ah
- Triple Pack, NiMH Batteries: 4.8V, 6.45 Ah
- Case: Polycarbonate steel fiber filled, RFI/EMIshielded
- Size: 4.5”H × 4”W × 2”D (11.4 cm H × 10.2 cm W × 5 cm D)
- Weight: 19 oz (539 g)