Flotender - Greywater Irrigation System
The Flotender greywater irrigation system features an instant release greywater processor which is automatically activated shortly after receiving inflowing greywater. The GL and GXL series models are also available with optional multi-zone programming for landscapes needing greywater and / or non-greywater zone scheduling.
Diverting greywater to a leach field or irrigation system can greatly reduce the burden placed on a residential or commercial septic system. Flotender effectively removes all debris prior to discharge and extends the septic system's maintenance intervals. Learn More >
Greywater is Produced
- Greywater is produced from a shower, sink, or washing machine. The greywater is routed into the Flotender Greywater Processor.
- The greywater must be plumbed into a line separate from blackwater sources (toilet, kitchen sink). This separate greywater line must run to the Flotender Greywater Processor.
How Much Greywater Does Each Fixture Produce?
The amount of greywater product by each fixture will vary based on personal usage. Approximate usages are as follows (per use):
- Sink: .25 / gallon
- Shower: 25 gallons
- Bathtub: 50 gallons
- Washing Machine: 25 gallons
Optional Greywater Routing
The Flotender system includes a manual diversion valve which can re-route greywater back to the sewer or septic line during rainfall, freezing temperatures or for occasional system maintenance.
- Greywater is routed to the Flotender Greywater Processor
- Greywater is diverted back to the sewer or septic line
- Low Greywater Sub-Out?
- The Flotender transfer station provides low elevation pumping to the inlet of the Greywater Processor.
Greywater is Processed
Once entering the Flotender Greywater Processor, the greywater is filtered through the primary 150-mesh filtration system which removes all debris from the greywater in preparation for irrigation.