Foremost - Model HD-8 - Heavy Duty Granulators
The HD-8 scrap grinders are specifically designed and built to granulate either large parts or high volumes of scrap material. With its large throat size of 24' x 36', offset cutting chamber and rugged construction, large molded parts can be readily granulated without the need for pre-cutting.
- It is an ideal machine for applications such as post consumer scrap recycling when equipped with our optional high throughput rotor and screen package.
- The scrap grinder features a standard two-bladed hook knife rotor with a full series of optional, application specific rotor designs for optimal performance. All rotors are double end driven with dual belt driven flywheels supported by heavy duty, sealed roller bearings.
- The offset position of the rotor in a completely welded cutting chamber provides bounce-proof, positive cutting action.
- The standard unit is equipped for hand feed or conveyor feed operation with a blower discharge chute. A full range of standard and custom configuration options are available to fit the user's application requirements.
- The Model HD-8 grinder has a proven record of long, reliable service in a variety of applications. Let our 45-plus years of grinder manufacturing help solve your size reduction problems.
- Throat Size: 24' x 36'.
- Rotor: Two bladed hook.
2-25 HP, TEFC
2-30 HP, TEFC
2-40 HP, TEFC
2-50 HP, ODP
- Controls: All housed in a NEMA 12 enclosure with fused disconnect.
- Arrangement: Hand feed with blower discharge.
- Shipping Weight: 8,500 lbs.
- Conveyor feed package.
- Power hopper opening.
- Power Screen opening.
- Pneumatic Hopper feed doors.
- Application specific rotor designs including:
- Cutting chamber wear plates and rotor coatings for high wear applications.
- Noise reduction packages.
- Auger discharge packages.
- Reverse or side feed inlet.
- Reverse or side blower discharge.
- Loading platform for hand feed operation.
- Offset rotor.
- Self-aligning flanged bearings.
- Hand feed hopper with access door.
- Powered by two single end motors.
- Large blow molded parts.
- Large injection molded parts.
- Extruded profiles.
- Recycling post consumer waste.
*All dimensions are in inches
*Information on this page subject to change without notice.