GasClam is the first unmanned in-borehole gas monitoring technology that can collect data continuously.GasClam® allows the variability of gas concentration to be observed and measured helping the optimisation and operational control of coal seam and shale gas, landfill and development sites.
- Optimised site management through continuous monitoring
- Reduced risk based upon improved site characterisation and event flagging
- Provides complete data for site assessments
- Demonstrates due diligence and regulatory compliance
- Supports a best practice approach to ground-gas monitoring
- Enables site base lining prior to monitoring, as well as during and post operations allowing impact to be understood, managed and reported
Reduces your risk
GasClam® enables you to continuously monitor gas concentration directly addressing factors associated with poor temporal resolution.
GasClam® continuously collects data, at user defined intervals, on a range of gases and environmental parameters:
- Methane CH4
- Carbon Dioxide CO2
- Oxygen O2
- Carbon Monoxide CO
- Hydrogen Sulphide H2S
- Volatile Organic Compounds VOCs
- Atmospheric and borehole pressure
- Borehole water depth
It's remote.GasClam® can be deployed for up to two months between maintenance visits, dependent on sampling frequency and environmental conditions.
Data can be viewed within the GasClam® software or exported for analysis in Excel or csv supporting spreadsheet application. The settings of the GasClam® unit can be configured within the GasClam® software including the sampling frequency and alert notification.
GPRS telemetry is available as an optional extra, which provides remote data download and viewing via a dedicated web portal.
It's safe and secure.Manufactured from stainless-steel, GasClam® is intrinsically safe (ATEX, ICEX and CSA) and environmentally sealed (IP-68 certified). Its patented design complies with EU Commission 'equipment for explosive atmospheres' standards.
GasClam® fits securely inside a standard 50mm (2') borehole and can be locked within the borehole head works for additional security.
It's quick to install.GasClam® can be physically installed and collecting data in less than two minutes.
GasClam is a unique in-borehole gas monitoring system developed for the unattended collection of long-term, realtrend ground-gas data in the mining, energy, contaminated land, landfill and petroleum industries. GasClam is able to continuously collect key data enabling asset managers to better understand their assets, more fully report to regulators and better manage and predict the risks associated with ground-gas emission and migration.
- Continuous gas (methane, carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen sulphide and total VOCs) and environmental monitoring
- Battery powered for extended unattended deployment (up to 3 months or external power options available).
- Easy to use – fits in a standard 50mm or 2” borehole
- Robust stainless steel and water proof design
- Intrinsically safe for use in explosive atmospheres
- Programmable borehole venting
- Optional telemetry for remote monitoring
- Shale and Coal Bed Methane/Seam Gas site monitoring
- Vapour intrusion studies
- Waste Management
- Landfill perimeter monitoring and control
- Brownfield site investigation
- Refineries and petroleum storage monitoring