Gasmax - Model EC - Single Channel Toxic Gas Monitor
From Gas Detectors
The GASMAX / EC single channel Toxic / Oxygen gas monitor delivers the latest in loop-powered gas detection technology, reliability and ease of use. The GASMAX / EC is CSA certified for use in Div 1 & Div 2 explosion proof installations and intrinsically safe installations with IS barrier.
The highly visible display shows calibrated engineering values, bar-graph data, 30-minute trend and setup information. An internal real-time clock time-stamps calibration and alarm events for later review. Front panel flashing LEDs continuously indicate alarm conditions.
Operator interface is a menu-driven magnetic keypad, allowing complete setup and calibration without hazardous area declassification. There are no potentiometers and all adjustments are performed through the magnetic keypad interface.
The GASMAX / EC maintains a record of sensor calibration data that provides an estimate of sensor life remaining. During each post-calibration purge delay, the GASMAX / EC can be programmed to transmit this data on the 4-20mA output. Controllers such as the C1 Protector can display and communicate this data to a distributed control system or HMI such as the ProtectorHMI Data Visualization & Logging Software.
Locally connected Smart Sensors enhance this capability by maintaining their own electronic record of serial number, born-on date, initial calibration values, engineering units and other data, ensuring the most accurate measurement and alarming capability available today.
- Single channel detector for all toxic gases
- Non-polarized loop powered interface eliminates wiring errors
- Graphic display shows value, units and trend graph
- Non-intrusive one-person prompted calibration
- Smart Sensors store calibration and alarm levels
- Programmable power-up and post-calibration delays eliminate false alarms
- Real time clock tags alarm and calibration events
- Flashing Alarm Indicator LEDs
- Security settings lock critical values
- Certified for use in Explosion Proof and Intrinsically Safe installations