Geiger - High-Capacity Drum Screens
The Geiger large rotating Drum Screens are typically installed in cooling water intake systems downstream from trash rakes or coarse bar screens. Debris is removed by efficient filtration at Geiger High-Capacity Drum Screens upstream of circulating water pumps. In this way the filtrated water distributed to a plant’s downstream system (heat exchangers, membranes) is freed from particles larger than the mesh size of the drum screening machines, similar to traveling water Screens.
Geiger High-Capacity Drum screening machines are designed to efficiently filter/screen raw water at intakes as well as waste water while massively reducing maintenance procedures (low lifecycle costs). The In-to-Out flow pattern with double-entry from both sides ensures low hydraulic losses. Static and dynamic forces always act vertically (no buoyancy). Loads are vertical and absorbed by the civil structure. Debris accumulated at the inside of the drum cannot drop onto the channel bottom, which would be difficult to access (such as in the case of out-to-inflow patterns).
The debris being accumulated at the drums screen filters is being washed off by spray water nozzles following the gravity flow at the upper level during the drum screens rotation. The drum screens rotation is being triggered automatically when debris starts to accumulate at the inside of the drum.
Unique Selling Point
- High capacity, up to 140,000 m³/h (Framed Drum Screens) per channel
- Static and dynamic forces are transmitted vertically into the civil structure (no buoyancy)
- The Geiger® Cathodic Corrosion Protection systems with impressed current can easily be combined with Drum screening systems to prevent galvanic corrosion and to minimize MIC (microbial corrosion) risks
- Designed for an operational working life of more than 40 years
- Easy access to wash-water jets from deck level with no need to stop the screen
- Lower complete lifecycle costs
- Light but rigid structure due to the A-frame structure of the Drum (Framed Drum Screens)
- Cost effective and high quality
- Low maintenance costs and exceptional reliability
- Highest possible backwash efficiency as debris is removed by wash water jets aided by gravity
- No buoyancy
- No accumulation of debris on the channel floor below the drums
- Strong and solid design “Made in Germany”, including seismic qualification of the structure when requested. Produced in Germany by one of the most reputed screen manufacturers in the world
- Large team of experts in design, project-handling and maintenance