Geiger - Multi Disc Screen
Efficient fine screening is essential to protect pumps, condenser tubes, heat exchangers and other critical equipment, and is the last cleaning stage in the water intake process.
- Compact design = significant savings in construction costs
- Fast and simple plug-in installation
- Fish protection-compliant (EPA CWA 316b and EU-Habitat)
- Low operating costs and only one maintenance-free side bar chain
- Easy maintenance, mesh panels can be changed at floor level (no need for channel dewatering - less down time of plant)
- Lower head-loss/(pressure loss): water passes through the screen only once (no brushes required).
- Intensive and efficient cleaning of the mesh panels
- Zero carryover of debris to the clean water side.
- Space/Footprint saving
- Installation time saving
- Self supporting frame
- Less mussel growth thanks to straight channels
- Highest flexibility/redundancy for the operator thanks to one pump per channel design
- Through-flow design
- Self-supporting frame (to simplify installation)
- Maintenance-free side bar chain
- Best adaptation of flow/cleaning efficiency ratio thanks to variable chain speeds
- Intensive mesh panel spraying by external control (Automatic operation by differential sensor and timer)
- Adjustment of chain tension at floor level
- In case of usage in sea/brackish water, the option of installing special anodes for cathodic corrosion protection, ideally the Geiger impressed current cathodic corrosion protection (ICCP, being fully automated and operator-friendly) is recommended in combination with stainless steel