Genesys - Model LS - Antiscalant for Seawater Systems
From Membrane Antiscalant
Genesys LS is a broad spectrum, low phosphorous antiscalant for use in potable sea-water Reverse Osmosis and Nano-Filtration systems, both large and small. By inhibiting all scaling species, Genesys LS allows systems to be designed and operated at high rates of recovery. Significant capital and operational cost savings can be made by reducing the amount of feed water used and concentrate to be discharged.
- Suitable for Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membranes
- Particularly effective in high pressure systems working at 50-60% recovery
- Compatible with all polyamide membranes
- Approved for use in drinking water applications (UKDWI)
- Highly cost effective alternative to SHMP and sulphuric acid
- Inhibits common scales
- Calcium carbonate/sulphate
- Calcium phosphate
- Barium/Strontium sulphate
- NSF listed
- Genesys LS should be dosed continuously to the feed water upstream of the cartridge filters. Typical dosage rates are <1-2 mg/l.
- Under NSF listing the Genesys LS dose rate in the feed water should be less than 5 mg/L in potable water systems.
- The optimum dosage rate can be calculated using the Genesys Membrane Master software.
- Genesys LS can be diluted and is fully miscible with water in all proportions.
Genesys LS is an aqueous solution of neutralised phosphonates and is approved for use in drinking water applications. Genesys LS is compatible with carbon steel and all commonly used materials of construction.
A material safety data sheet is available on request.
- CHIP: Not Classified - UN: Non Hazardous
- Available in 25 kg kegs, 230 kg drums and 1,000 kg IBCs.
- Shelf life is 2 years under normal conditions of storage.
- Appearance: pale coloured liquid
- pH as supplied: 9.7 – 10.3
- Specific gravity: 1.08 – 1.11
- Freezing point: < -2ºC