Genesys - Model RC - Antiscalant for Recycle Systems
From Membrane Antiscalant
Genesys RC has been developed as a broad spectrum antiscalant and antifoulant for use in small and recycling Reverse Osmosis and Nano-Filtration systems with less than 100 m3 /day of feed water flow. Genesys RC is effective at preventing all inorganic scale formation thus reducing the frequency of membrane cleaning and replacement. Genesys RC allows systems to be designed and operated at higher recovery rates. By reducing the amount of feed water needed and concentrate for disposal, capital and operational cost savings can be made.
- Suitable for Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membranes
- Compatible with all types of polyamide membranes
- Allows high recovery rates
- Replaces acid addition
- Simple test method
- Inhibits common scales
- Calcium carbonate/sulphate
- Barium/Strontium sulphate
- Calcium phosphate
- Magnesium hydroxide
- Genesys RC should be dosed continuously to the feed water upstream of the cartridge filter.
- Typical dosage rates are 7 - 15mg/l.
- The optimum dosage rate can be calculated using the Genesys Membrane
- Master software. Genesys RC can be diluted and is fully miscible with water in all proportions.
Genesys RC is a synergistic blend of neutralised carboxylic and phosphonic acids whose active components have been classified as non-toxic and are widely used in drinking water applications. Genesys RC is compatible with carbon steel and all commonly used materials of construction.
A material safety data sheet is available on request.
- CHIP: Not Classified - UN: Non Hazardous
- Available in 25kg kegs and 200kg drums.
- The shelf life is 2 years under normal conditions of storage.
- Appearance: pale liquid
- pH as supplied: 10.7 – 11.3
- Specific gravity: 1.08 – 1.12
- Freezing point: < -0°C