GVS Poretics - Model PCTE - Polycarbonate Track Etched Membrane
GVS PCTE Membrane is made from a thin, microporous polycarbonate film material. It is ideally suited for use in blood assays and high-purity and general filtration. Though polycarbonate is hydrophobic, the membrane is treated with a wetting agent to make it hydrophilic.
GVS PCTE Membrane offers many features and benefits.
- Absolute pore size and density:Provides flow control for liquids moving through the membrane capturing 100 percent of cells larger than pore size
- Smooth, thin, glass-like surface:Planar surface makes it ideal for particle identification by microscopy
- Superior strength:Tensile strength of 207 bar (> 3000 psi) maintains pore size and density, and will not stretch
- Low extractables:Ensures tests will be clean promoting consistent results
- Low protein binding
- Negligible absorption/adsorption:Maximizes critical solution recovery
- Available as hydrophilic or hydrophobic:Allows for a wide range of product applications
- General filtration
- Removal of red blood cells from plasma
- Flow control of reagents through assay
- Precise filtration and prefiltration