Hot-Disk - Model TPS 2200 - Thermal Conductivity Meter
The Hot Disk TPS 2200 is an affordable option when performance and price are both in consideration. It tackles a good range of sample types and it is suitable for day-to-day testing in any laboratory with a focus on material science. The TPS 2200 meets ISO 22007-2.
For day-to-day testing
This general-purpose R&D instrument is designed for precision analysis of thermal transport properties – including thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity and specific heat capacity. The TPS 2200 covers a significant span of materials of various geometries and dimensions, including solids, pastes and liquids. While not as versatile as the flagship TPS 2500 S, it meets ISO Standard 22007-2 just like its more powerful sibling. The restrictions compared to the TPS 2500 S chiefly regard sample size, measurement time and maximum thermal conductivity tackled (see comparison here). Being slower than the TPS 2500 S, the TPS 2200 is not suitable for measurements of tiny samples, and/or ones of very high thermal conductivity.
The TPS 2200 is however an excellent option for measurements of larger bodies of extruded polymers, building- and insulation materials, sheet metals, laminated samples etc. It should also be noted that the TPS 2200 betters the performance of the more modest TPS 1500, in being able to tackle many high-conductivity samples and medium- to high-viscosity liquids. Equally, the TPS 2200 features an expanded measurement range as well as improved accuracy in comparison to the lesser TPS 500 S.
A selection of optional measurement modules allows the TPS 2200 to be used in several specialized applications, from precise testing of isotropic materials (Isotropic module) to measurements of slab samples (Slab module); anisotropic samples or layered structures (Anisotropic module); thin films or coatings (Thin Film module); and extremely light and low-conducting materials (Low-density/Highly-insulating module); also featured is direct testing of specific heat capacity of bulk samples (Cp module) – all important applications in e.g. the electronics, automotive, aerospace, nuclear and chemical industries.
- Thermal Conductivity 0.01 to 500 W/m/K.
- Thermal Diffusivity 0.01 to 300 mm²/s.
- Specific Heat Capacity Up to 5 MJ/m³K.
- Measurement Time 2.5 to 2560 seconds.
- Reproducibility Typically better than 1 %.
- Accuracy Better than 5 %.
- Temperature Range -50 °C to 750 °C.
- Core Instrument Ambient
- With Furnace Up to 750 °C
- With Circulator -35 °C to 200 °C.
- Power Requirements Adjusted to the line voltage in the country of use.
- Smallest Sample
- Dimensions 2 mm × 8 mm diameter or square for bulk testing.
- 0.1 mm × 15 mm diameter or square for slab testing.
- 0.01 mm × 22 mm diameter or square for thin-film testing.
- Sensor Types Available Kapton sensors: 7577, 5465, 5501, 8563, 4922, 5599.
- Mica sensors: 5465, 5082, 4921, 4922, 5599.
- Teflon sensors: 7577, 5465, 5501