If you need to control odors, acid, chemical, and NOx fumes at your facility, Mech-Chem Associates, Inc. has a solution. Proper fume capture, control and scrubbing exhaust systems can prevent environmental releases, ensure regulatory compliance, and protect employee safety and health. From stand-alone fume scrubbers to complete installed systems, Mech-Chem can eliminate your fume problems with: Fume Scrubbers. Custom Hoods with Packing Enclosures. Custom Duct Systems. Complete Odor Control Systems. On-site Installation. Spare parts and Repairs.
Mech-Chem engineers, fabricates and installs high efficiency, low maintenance fume exhaust systems designed to remove water soluble contaminants by means of gas absorption and mechanical impingement. These units can be standard-sized or custom built in order to conform to space and height limitations or layout preferences.
Proper fume control equipment also requires the proper installation and system integration to be the most effective. Because we are more than just a fume scrubber manufacturer, Mech-Chem Associates, Inc. provides complete solutions to your fume and exhaust problems through:
- Total system design and integration
- Automated pH control
- Performance data for air permits
- Professional installation by experienced engineers
- Extensive experience in system design
- Selection of proper materials of construction
- Utilize high performance Lamtec packing
- Flexibility in choosing components for best performance
We add the value of 25 years of chemical process design experience and expertise to every fume scrubber and exhaust system that we design, fabricate, and install.
Mech-Chem utilizes its extensive knowledge about materials of construction, chemical process design, and experience with scrubbers in our system applications to design, engineer and construct the best, most efficient fume scrubbers available.
An example of a specialized fume scrubber can be found to the left. This fume scrubber was constructed of Hastelloy C-276 with all explosion proof instrumentation and controls. The fume scrubber handles solvent fumes containing HF, HCl, and HNO3 acids.
Regardless of how specialized a fume scrubber needs to be, Mech-Chem provides the design calculations, air flow requirements, specification performance data, and removal efficiency for obtaining the air permit.
Scrubbers can be manufactured from specialty metals, such as stainless steel and hastelloy C, fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP), or thermoplastics such as PVC or polypropylene, depending upon each application. Each scrubber application is individually designed and engineered. These units are used to help companies comply with emission control for EPA regulations or to preserve the quality of the environment for workers and the community.
Mech-Chem's scrubbers are constructed according to the highest quality standards in the industry and are built for maximum corrosion resistance under the most severe duty conditions.
from a gas stream. The packed bed technology scrubbing covers the widest range of vapor and gas scrubbing applications.
Being an independent fabricator of fume scrubbers allows us to choose the best materials of construction, as well as choose the best packing for your application. We have designed and/or specified scrubbers for the following applications:
- Metal Pickling Lines
- Chemical Cleaning/Milling Lines
- Acid Etching Lines
- Acid /Chemical Bulk Storage
- Solvent Bulk Storage
- Metal Finishing Lines
- Metal Plating Lines
- Chemical Mixing Operations
- Chemical Processing Equipment
- Food Processing
- Pharmaceutical Blending
- Pharmaceutical Production
Our scrubbers feature a high amount of active surface area with random dumped packing. The packing material chosen is based on the applications, ensuring that it breaks the liquid streams into multiple, even surface films that create intimate gas/liquid contact at a low pressure drop.
During operation, gas flows upward through a packed bed while scrubbing liquid flows down (by gravity) over the packing material. The counter-flow design principle offers optimal mass transfer.
- Very Small Footprint
- Ease of Installation
- Variable Packing Height
- Local or Remote Blower
- Local or remote control panel
- Multiple Stages
- Height & Width Flexibility
How a scrubber works
A scrubber uses the natural process of recirculating water decontaminating air - essentially the same process that occurs during a rainstorm, but made more efficient by technology and engineering.
- Contaminated air is passed through the scrubber using either negative or positive pressure, created from a fan on either upstream or downstream from the scrubber unit.
- The gas stream enters the scrubber unit near the bottom and travels up through the packed bed section (where the contaminants are actually separated from the gas).
- The gas stream is vigorously exposed to the scrubber solution, through a demister assembly (to remove the liquid droplets from the exiting gas).
- The clean gas stream is then discharged either to the atmosphere or routed back through the original process.
In order to provide the most economical solution for your off gas needs, the following is taken into account: volume of gas to be treated, type and concentration of contaminants and the required discharge limits. Mech-Chem Associates, Inc.'s engineers will work closely with you to design the system that will best fit your needs.