Mission - Model CSO/SSO - In-Sewer Wireless Alarm System
The wireless Mission SCADA system can also work below ground in a sewer system to detect and report sewer surcharges and floods. Use the Mission Manhole Monitor to provide a waterproof CSO/SSO tracking and alarm system that mounts in a sewer just below the manhole lid. The enclosure houses all electronics, radio, and battery—yet is only about the size of a paperback book.
Two sewer floats attach via waterproof connectors to signal when the sewer is surcharging and when levels get to flood stage. The Manhole Monitor will instantly transmit these alarms via the ultra-reliable cellular network to Mission servers. Phone calls, pages, faxes, or emails notify utility personnel of the alarm.
A clear message will describe the alarm, the unit name, and the location. This gives utility crews time to proactively mitigate the problem. All alarm records can be accessed via the secure customer website. Now users can easily report when the surcharge started and stopped.
The Manhole Monitor was built with the sewer environment in mind:
- Rugged, metal enclosure that is robust and serviceable
- Electronics are designed for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups 3 & 4 hazardous environments
- The Manhole Monitor is rated to last more than five years on its internal batteries with no expensive site visits to maintain the system
- The Manhole Monitor automatically checks in once daily and reports cellular system health and battery voltages
- Waterproof CSO/SSO tracking and alarm system
- Electronics, radio, and battery enclosed in the size of a small book
- Notifications include alarm, the unit name, and the location
- Secure and easy access to alarm records to report when the surcharge started and stopped
- Receive alarm notifications for surcharge and high water levels
- CSO and SSO reports are available that correlate the CSO event with rainfall during the event
- The Mission Manhole Monitor takes less than an hour to install with common tools.
- It is unnecessary to run a conduit through the road or have a phone company run lines.
- Mission supplies all cellular signaling, web use, and alarm notifications—this is all included in the flat monthly fee.