Model Cable75 - Roll-off Hoists
From Roll-off Hoists
Through the use of innovative design processes, Stellar has improved numerous items on the cable hoist. With the use of advanced design software, Stellar has decreased the shipping weight of the Cable75* to 4,400-pounds, which in turn increases the payload by up to 1,700 additional pounds. Another feature of the Cable75 is the cable routing now spins in a single direction of rotation only, eliminating switching directions when winching in and out, which can cause unnecessary wear on the cable. The design of the Cable75 now includes only a single reeving cylinder that is always covered by a structural enclosure, decreasing its exposure to damaging debris. Having only one cylinder decreases the amount of maintenance required with less seal kits to maintain.
The sheave bushings and pins are stainless steel, and bushings and grease zerks are installed in both rod-end pin bosses to improve operation and maintenance. High strength wear strips have been added to the mainframe, and ½” high strength wear plates were added to the end of the mainframe tubes to increase strength and durability.
Stellar has incorporated the use of a hydraulic piston pump on the Cable75. Piston pumps are more efficient, have a longer life, and handle higher operating pressure and pressure spikes better than gear pumps. Using a piston pump has also decreased the gpm (gallon per minute) requirements due to operating at a higher pressure, therefore decreasing the size of the hydraulic oil reservoir from 60-gallons down to 25-gallons. This also contributes to a greater payload capacity.
- Hoist rated capacity: Up to 75,000 lbs
- Main frame: 8” x 4” x 1/2” A500 C tubing
- Front stop: 1” plate
- Container lock: Automatic spring loaded
- Lift cylinder shaft: 2 5” stainless steel with boxed beam double shear
- Rear hinge shaft: 2 5” stainless steel
- Cable: 7/8” (6 x 37 EXIWRC)
- Cable sheaves: Front sheave 13 38” / Reeving 10”
- Cable anchor: 4 cable clamps
- Cable end: Steel casting
- Rear hold down: 1” plate located for optional bolt on hold downs (ratchet strap standard)
- Lift cylinders: 5” x 71” D A
- Reeving cylinder: 6 5” x 80” D A
- Direct mount pump: Piston type 25 GPM @1500 RPM
- Operating pressure: 3,600 PSI for 60,000 lbs and 4,500 PSI for 75,000 lbs
- Hydraulic valve: 2 spool 25 GPM safety bypass
- Hydraulic reservoir: 25-gallon 10 micron filter & screen filter
- Outside rollers: 4” O D with bronze bearing and grease zerks
- Inside rollers: 6” O D hardened roller & pins
- Pivot points: Bushings and grease zerks
- Safety stand: Accessible each side
- I C C Bumper: Folding, mounting lugs factory installed
- Rear bumper: Pre-drilled bolt mount – LED sealed beam backup, clearance and tail lights
- Hoist-up alarm Inside cable and outside controls
- Inside controls: Direct connect, cable or pneumatic
- Remote mount hydraulic pump: Piston type 25 GPM @1500 RPM
- Auxiliary fold down front stops: For short containers
- Full fenders: Tandem or tri-axle, 12 ga steel or poly
- Tarp rack / tool box combination: 20” x 15” x 48”
- 3 and 4 Spool valve: For use with optional equipment as needed
- Additional hydraulic lines: Single-acting hydraulic line to rear (Requires the 3 spool valve option or selector valve)
- Double-acting hydraulic line to rear (Requires the 3 spool valve option or selector valve)
- Double-acting hydraulic line to side (Requires the 3 spool valve option or selector valve)
- “Drop-in” Stops: For short containers
- Cab Guard
- PTO air operated with signal light
Minimum Chassis Specs
- Minimum Axle Rating: Front: 18,000 lbs
- Rear: 44,000 lbs with walking beam type suspension
- Frame Strength: Total allowable bending moment = 2,400,000 in-lbs (both channels)
- Section Modulus (minimum) = 32 in3 for 36,000 psi steel
- Section Modulus (minimum) = 24 in3 for 5,000 psi steel
- 1 Thoroughly check the truck requirements to ensure proper clearance and frame strength before mounting the hoist
- Note: The rear cab boundary is the rearmost unremovable protrusion behind the cab and above the chassis frame
- 2 From the rear of the cab boundary, to the center of the walking beam suspension (CT) dimension is: Without Tarper With Tarper
- Cable75: 174 Inches 180 Inches
- Shipping weight Cable75 weighs 4,400 lbs. This is 1,700 lbs less than current SI60 cable hoist. This means 1,700 lbs more payload capacity and less hauling costs per year.
- Lift and dump capacity Up to 75,000 lbs lifting and dumping capacity. The capacity is determined by the hydraulic pressure setting. 75,000 lbs capacity pressure setting is 4,500 psi and for 60,000 lbs capacity is approximately 3,600 psi. Cable 7/8” cable diameter (6×37 EXIWRC) is standard. No need to upgrade to 1” cable if setting hoist for 75,000 lb lift capacity.
- Cable routing Cable is routed in a single direction of rotation. Cable routing does not switch directions from clockwise, to counter clockwise, then back to clockwise. The Cable75 cable runs only in one direction.
- Single reeving cylinder One 6.5” x 80” cylinder instead of two 7” x 80” cylinders that are used on current cable hoists today, therefore there are less seal kits to maintain. Sheave bushings and pins are greaseless. Bushings and grease zerks are installed in both rod-end pin bosses.
- Reeving cylinder enclosure Reeving cylinder rod is always covered by structural enclosure, which decreases the potential to expose the cylinder to damaging debris.
- Dump cylinders Two 5”x71” dump cylinders. Higher operating pressure allows for smaller cylinders, meaning greater payload each pull made. Bushings and grease zerks are installed in both pin bosses.
- Hydraulic piston pump Piston pumps are more efficient, have longer life, handle higher operating pressure and pressure spikes better than gear pumps.
- 25-gallon oil reservoir Because of the designed gpm requirements, a larger reservoir is not required. Also contributes to a greater payload capacity.
- Functional speed Hoist up = 30 seconds, hoist down = 11 seconds, cable in loaded = 30 seconds, cable out (unloading) = 30 seconds.
- Stainless steel pins Stainless steel pins are used in rear hinge, sheaves, and cylinders.
- Bushings and grease zerks Bushings and grease zerks at installed at all pivot points.
- Finish paint Two part polyurethane automotive finish paint.
- Dump cylinder mounting This new design doubles the shear strength and makes for easier pin removal.
- Wear strips High strength wear strips added to main frame.
- Main frame end plates 1/2” high strength wear plates added to end of main frame tubes.
- Warranty 36 months structural, 12 months parts and labor.