Model CF042-FO - Laboratory-Scale Filtration Unit
The CF042- FO Cell is a laboratory-scale filtration unit that is designed to evaluate a variety of Osmotically Driven Membrane Processes (ODMP), including Forward Osmosis (FO) and Pressure Retarded Osmosis (PRO). It simulates the flow dynamics of larger, commercially available membrane elements such as industrial spiral wound membrane elements. By using a combination of Stainless Steel (SS) shims, feed spacers, and membranes, users can vary the operating conditions and fluid dynamics over broad ranges.
CF042-FO Cell Features and Benefits:
- Accepts polymeric flat sheet membrane coupons
- Mimics both laminar or turbulent flow conditions
- Provides fast and accurate performance data
- Offers judicious membrane use with small membrane active area
- CF042-FO cell has a membrane active area of 42 cm2 (6.5 in2)
CF042-FO cell is available in Stainless Steel and Delrin with a maximum operating pressure of 1000 psi (69 bar), which allows operators to conduct high pressure testings.
CF042-FO cell is also available in Acrylics and PTFE with a maximum operating pressure of 400 psi (27.6 bar). Acrylic CF042-FO provides a great opportunity to visually investigate the hydrodynamic conditions in the cell or the local fouling intensity.
In order to operate the CF042-FO Cell additional parts and equipment are required, which include:
Forward Osmosis technology is most commonly used for an array of wastewater recycling and water reclamation applications. Areas in which an FO cell may be used include:
- Water reclamation from oil and gas exploration
- Landfill wastewater
- Alternative energy/biogas wastewater
- Medical/dental wastewater
- Membrane bioreactors
- Seawater desalination
- Radioactive wastewater
- Carpet manufacturing wastewater
- Pressure Retarded Osmosis (PRO) to generate electricity
Other uses for Forward Osmosis Cells:
- Pretreatment for Reverse Osmosis procedure
- Concentrating juices (grape juice to wine, tomato paste)