Model MDR700 - Underground Coring Mobile Drill Rig
The MDR700 underground coring mobile drill rig is a powerful rig that utilizes proven Boart Longyear underground exploration technology like the 700 feed frame and offers wide drilling angles, quick and easy setup, operation, and maintenance, advanced mobility, and engineered safety controls.
- Powered by a 90kW electric motor, the MDR700 features the proven Boart Longyear LM™ 700 feed frame delivering 81.4kN of pull back. Coupled with the proven HQ Rotation Unit, the MDR700 gets you to the target productively in all coring diameters up to HQ™. The drill features a breakout system on the rotation unit that uses high-pressure oil and gear rack assistance to effortlessly break rod joints.
- Extremely wide drilling angles and impressive reach
- Remote controlled positioner for quick and easy set up
- Maintenance-friendly layout
- Three steering modes for advanced mobility
- Patented rod handler standard
- Optional Drill Control Interface (DCi)
A time-saver when moving from hole to hole with unique maneuvering features like three available steering modes: four-wheel, two-wheel, and crab-like movement.
2 Quick And Easy Setup
Positioning is quick and easy using a handheld remote controller. Rig moves are faster and easier with the four-wheel drive diesel- engine powered carrier.
3 Easy Maintenance
Maintenance-friendly layout provides easy access for service.
4 Effortlessly Break Rod Joints
The breakout system on the drill head uses a high-pressure oil and gear rack assistance to effortlessly break rod joints.
5 Wide Drilling Angles
Integrated positioner and slew drive articulation allows for 270 degrees of horizontal movement and vertical up to vertical down drilling range with ease.
6 Engineered Safety - Rod Handling
Semi-automated rod handling includes smart hydraulics with synchronized control between the rotation unit and foot clamp for faster and safer rod handling.
7 Semi-Automated Drilling - DCi
The optional Drill Control Interface (DCi), semi-automates drilling and provides a fully electronic interface to safely and efficiently operate both the drill rig and the rod handler.