ProMinent - Model Sigma/ 3 (Basic Type) - Motor-Driven Metering Pump
Capacity range 146 – 1,030 l/h, 12 – 4 bar. The patented multi-layer safety diaphragm for excellent process reliability is just one feature of the extremely robust motor-driven metering pump Sigma/3 Basic. It also offers a wide range of power end versions, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, also for use in ATEX areas.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use
The Sigma/ 3 diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 1 and Sigma/ 2 represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of power end versions is available, including some for use in areas at risk from explosion.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a 'Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials' design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head and EHEDG certification enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Addition of chemicals depending on the measured value, e.g. metering of acid and alkali for pH neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 6 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1% increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% with a 30-100% stroke length adjustment range under certain defined conditions and with proper installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55 (optionally II2GEExeIIT3, II2GEExdIICT4)
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms in all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps.
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S3Ba)Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator with stroke positioning motor for automatic stroke length adjustment. Setting time approx. 1 sec for 1 % stroke length. Resistance potentiometer 1 kΩ. Enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consisting of actuator with stroke positioning motor and in-built follower for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal current input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Can be switched between manual and automatic operation, key switch for stroke adjustment for manual operation. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Variable speed motors with integrated frequency converter (identity code specification V)
- Power supply 1ph 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.55 kW
- Externally controllable with 0/4-20 mA (see Fig. pk_2_103).
- On request externally controllable via PROFIBUS® DP
- Speed controllers in metal housing (identity code characteristic Z)
- The speed controller assembly consists of a speed controller and a 0.55 kW variable speed motor.
'Physiologically Safe (FDA) in Respect of Wetted Materials' Version
All wetted materials in the 'Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials' design comply with the FDA guidelines.
- Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
Available for material design PVT and SST and DN 25 ball valve.
Identity code example: S3BaH120330PVTS00 F S000