Myron L - Model Ultrapen™ PT4 - Free Chlorine Equivalent Pen (FCE™) & Temperature Pen
ULTRAPEN PT4 is Myron L Company’s ground breaking, new Pocket Tester for measuring Free Chlorine Disinfecting Power, Free Chlorine Equivalent (FCE), as well as Temperature. It is waterproof and designed to be extremely accurate, fast, and simple to use in diverse water quality applications.
- Accuracy of up to ±0.3 ppm FCE
- Proprietary Sensor Design
- Calibration with pH and ORP Standard Solutions
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- Temperature Readout
- Powerd by one N Type Battery (included)
- Boilers and Cooling Towers
- Food and Beverage
- Reverse Osmosis
- Plus Many More!
The Myron L Company FCE function reports FAC quickly and accurately by measuring ORP, the chemical characteristic of chlorine that directly reflects its effectivity, cross referenced with pH. Both DPD kits and colorimeters may tell the user the FAC value of the sample in the test tube, but since the chemistry of that sample is quite different from the source water being analyzed, the results are imprecisely related to actual disinfection power. The Myron L Company FCE function measures the real, unaltered chemistry of source water, including moment-to-moment changes in that chemistry.
- Time to Reading Stabilization: 10 - 45 seconds
- Power Consumption: Active Mode 37 mA, Sleep Mode 2 µA
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic In Calibration Mode From 15ºC to 30ºC
- Physical Dimensions: 17.15 cm L x 1.59 cm D / 6.75 in. L x .625 in. D
- Weight: 50.4 g / 1.78 oz. (without soaker cap and lanyard)
- Case Material: Anodized Aircraft Aluminum with Protective Coating
- Battery Type: N type, Alkaline, 1.5 V
- Calibration Standard Solutions: pH4, pH7, pH10, ORP80, ORP260, ORP470
- Operating/Storage Temperature: 0 - 55ºC / 32 - 131ºF
- Enclosure Ratings: IP67 and NEMA6
EN61236-1: 2006 – Annex A: 2008; 0995/5/EC Annex III:
Electrostatic discharge to case of instrument may cause PT4 to spontaneously power ON.
In this case, the PT4 will power OFF after several seconds.
Standard Solutions for calibration:
The ULTRAPEN™ PT4 requires pH4, pH7, and pH10 pH Buffer Solutions and
80 mV Quinhydrone, 260 mV Quinhydrone, or 470 mV MLC Light's ORP Standard Solutions
for wet calibration, and Sensor Storage Solution for proper storage.
Order Model Numbers: PH4, PH7, PH10, ORP80, ORP260,
ORP470, ORPCALKIT, PHSS.
Replacement FCE Sensor:
The ULTRAPEN™ PT4 features a user replaceable FCE sensor. Installation instructions included with sensor.
Order model#: RPT4
ORP Electrode Cleaning Paper:
Routinely cleaning the platinum electrode will keep the sensor free of build-up that can affect the speed and accuracy of FCE readings. Instructions for use are included with the paper.
Order model#s: OECP-25 for QTY 25 or OECP-100 for QTY 100
The PT4, excluding the FCE sensor, has a one (1) year limited warranty.
The FCE sensor has a six (6) month limited warranty.