Myron L Company
Founded in 1957, the Myron L Company is one of the leading manufacturers of water quality testing instruments in the world. Because of our commitment to customer satisfaction and product improvement, you have our assurance that any changes will be guided by our product philosophy: accuracy, reliability, and simplicity. Prior to developing water quality products, the Myron L Company developed and patented a variety of specialty items for university studies and projects, for the space industry and for industrial use. A few of the specialty items include an irradiation chamber, a spectrophotometer, plasto-met fittings and gas detection instrumentation. 60 years later, many are still in use today. A Global Distribution Network Serving Professionals Worldwide.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Founded in 1957 as a research and development comp...
Founded in 1957 as a research and development company, Myron L® Company is a privately owned and operated California Corporation.
64 Years of Water Testing Innovation
Since the 1960’s, the company has established itself as the leading manufacturer of high quality and simple to operate conductivity and pH instrumentation.
Our products are utilized in municipal, commercial and industrial water quality control, chemical concentration testing and process control.
A Legacy of Water Testing Solutions
A Legacy of Water Testing Solutions
Prior to developing water quality products, the Myron L® Company developed and patented a variety of specialty items for university studies and projects, for the space industry and for industrial use.
A few of the specialty items include an irradiation chamber, a spectrophotometer, plasto-met fittings and gas detection instrumentation. 60 years later, many are still in use today.
Top of the Line Products
The present product line includes handheld and in-line conductivity, resistivity, TDS, salinity, pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, free chlorine equivalent (FCE), and nitrate instruments. Calibration solutions, buffers, and related accessories are also available. Myron L® instruments are used by professionals worldwide in a variety of applications, including water treatment, metal finishing, agriculture, aquaculture, printing, RO & DI, hemodialysis, electronics manufacturing and environmental studies/protection to name just a few.
A Global Distribution Network Serving Professionals Worldwide
With direct sales support and our global distribution network, we are able to supply and service water professionals worldwide. The company-owned 53,000 sq. ft./4900 sq. meter facility is located approximately 30 miles north of San Diego in Carlsbad, California, USA.
Mission, Vision & Motto
To provide effective solutions through innovative products, services, and teamwork.
A company, directed by its customers, driven by its employees, toward a common goal of providing exceptional products and service on a daily basis—meeting the demands of a constantly changing global market. Striving to make certain that every single transaction results in a positive experience.
Accuracy, Reliability, Simplicity
Below is a list of applications for Myron L® instruments.
- Automatic Rinse Tank Controls: Proper rinsing is one of the most important steps in quality manufacturing or metal finishing. Plenty of low cost, good quality water for rinsing has been available in the past, so rinse water conservation has been largely ignored.
- Boiler & Cooling Towers: Boiler & Cooling Towers share two major water related problems: deposits and corrosion. As steam is generated by a boiler or water evaporating from a cooling tower, dissolved minerals are left behind, increasing the concentration of these minerals.
- Circuit Board Cleanliness Testing: Contamination of circuit boards can bring about severe degradation of insulation resistance and dielectric strength. Cleanliness of completed circuit boards is, therefore, of vital interest.
- Deionized Water: Years ago, high purity water was used only in limited applications. Today, deionized (Dl) water has become an essential ingredient in hundreds of applications including: medical, laboratory, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, electronics manufacturing, food processing, plating, countless industrial processes, and even the final rinse at the local car wash.
- Environmental Applications: Keeping the water in our lakes, rivers, and streams clean requires monitoring of water quality at many points as it gradually makes its way from its source to our oceans.
- Fountain Solutions: Accurate fountain (dampening) solution concentration control is essential for consistent, high-quality results in lithography. Low concentration can cause drying on the non-image area of the plate resulting in tinting, scumming, blanket piling, etc.
- Hemodialysis: Controlling dialysate quality is critically important to hemodialysis patient health. Complications as minor as nausea and fatigue or as severe as metabolic acidosis and sepsis can result if dialysate composition is incorrect.
- Horticulture: Modern growing practices include scientific evaluations of soil, water, fertilizers, diseases, etc. While some tests are best performed by a laboratory, others can be easily conducted on location, saving time and money.
- Hydroponics: The nutrient solution and its management are the cornerstone for a successful hydroponics system. The function of a hydroponics nutrient solution is to supply the plant roots with water, oxygen and essential mineral elements in soluble form.
- Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)/Redox: ORP is a convenient measure of the oxidizer’s or reducer’s ability to perform a chemical task. ORP is not only valid over a wide pH range, but it is also a rugged electrochemical test, which can easily be accomplished using in-line and handheld instrumentation.
- Pool & Spa: Anyone and everyone who is responsible for operating and maintaining a swimming pool or spa has to test, monitor, and control complex, interdependent chemical factors that affect the quality of water bathers are immersed in. Additionally, aquatic facilities operators must be familiar with all laws, regulations, and guidelines governing what these parameters should be.
- Reverse Osmosis: Osmosis is the phenomenon of lower dissolved solids in water passing through a semi-permeable membrane into higher dissolved solids water until a near equilibrium is reached.
- Standard Solutions and Buffers: All Myron L® handheld instruments are factory calibrated with NIST traceable Standard Solutions having specific conductivity/ppm values. Myron L® Company Standard Solutions are made under strictly controlled conditions using reagent grade salts.
- Textiles: The textile manufacturing industry encompasses many and diverse processes that rely heavily on the use of water, energy, chemicals, and other resources. Wet spinning, sizing, desizing, scouring, bleaching, mercerization, dyeing and printing are just a few.