NIVUS - Model RM 20X - Rain Gauge
For detection of precipitation volumes. Rain gauge for detection of precipitation volumes and for GPRS transmission to D2W Internetportal with comprehensive options for evaluation, verification and output of alarms.
- Extremely long battery life of up to 5 years
- Type 202 with heating suitable also for winter operation
- Data transmission via GPRS to D2W Internet portal with comprehensive options for evaluation through monitoring and data forwarding to alarms
The Rain Gauge detects liquid precipitation (rain) falling on the ground. The model equipped with an integrated heating detects solid precipitation (snow or hail) as well. The rain gauge body is made of stainless steel and comes with a sieve preventing the drop collector stage from pollution through foliage or bird excrements.
For operation during winter the model Type RM 202 with electronically control-led heating powered by an external power supply is available.
The measurement is based on the tipping scale principle, where a Reed switch triggers an impulse per 0.1 mm of precipitation. This pulse is passed on to an external counter or can be routed to other counting systems.
The model with integrated data logger saves the impulses corresponding to date, time and rain level. Thanks to the powerful internal rechargeable battery, this data logger operates self-sufficient and in-dependent from mains power for an extremely long period. The logger automatically logs in with the most powerful GSM network and transmits measurement values to the NIVUS Internet portal Device to Web >D2W
- Detection of rain volumes
- Snowfall measurement
- Determination of additional information during flow measurement campaigns and investigation of infiltration/extraneous water
- Capturing area 200 cm²
- Capacity of tipping scale 2 cm³
- Intensity max. 11 mm/min
- Resolution 0.1 mm precipitation
- Output accuracy at 0 - 11 mm/min ±3 %
- Ambient temperature without heating 0 to 60 °C
- with heating -25 to 60 °C
- Weight 3,3 kg