NLB - Lances for Basic Tools of Water Jetting
Lances are the basic tools of water jetting, and NLB offers more choices – with more safety and ergonomic features – than any other manufacturer. Our popular 286 series (below) includes models with operating pressures as low as 10,000 psi (700 bar) and as high as 40,000 psi (2,800 bar). We also offer lances with specialized features, such as dual-trigger, dry shut-off and underwater dump. All feature rigid stainless steel construction with quick-coupling hose hook-up, and work with a variety of nozzles.
The 286 series is best known for two features: a quick-change cartridge you can replace in less than 60 seconds, and a patented trigger that lets the operator dump pressure immediately by simply pushing forward. The trigger can be operated with just 8-to-12 pounds of pressure, and has a one-finger latch to prevent accidental actuation.
But these revised versions include some new features that offer improved operator safety and comfort. A new shoulder stock improves the ergonomics of the lance by allowing the thrust line to remain better centered on the operator’s shoulder, and a bent inlet tube eliminates stress on both the hose and its connection point to the lance. The bent tube also facilitates the use of the all new HSS40-06 safety shroud. The safety shroud is rated for any operating pressure up to 40,000 psi (2,800 bar), and is designed to minimize the effect of a hose or fitting failure.
- Dump-type helps protect operator
- Replace cartridge in under 60 seconds
- Lightweight, with adjustable shoulder stock and hand grip
- Easy trigger actuation, 8 to 12 lbs. (3.6 to 5.5 kg)
- Trigger design lets operator force lance into dump mode (Patent No. 5,636,789)
- One-finger latch to prevent accidental actuation
- Double-trigger models require pressure on both triggers to actuate lance