Noggerath - Model RSI-DF - Rotary Drum Screen
With the Noggerath Rotary Drum Screen RSI-DF, Aqseptence Group offers you a machine with two revolutionary concepts. With a double filter system it is possible to operate both a pre-filter and a fine sieve. Furthermore, contrary to the conventional technology, the sieve drum and the spiral conveyor are independently driven. This allows a drum design in the inlet area without a suspended rotary arm. The inlet zone is constantly free and offers great benefits not for the incoming solids only, but also for the head loss.
Unique Selling Point
- Double filter system:– In the same unit a fine and coarse screening sieve – Fine sieve is protected by overloading in case of large solid – Coarse filter with back wash system – Reduction of investment by omission of a separate coarse Screen
- Double drive:
– The rotation of the drum is independent of the rotation of the spiral – Due to the independent drive, the screenings can be run empty in the hopper of the conveyor trough.
- Open drum inlet Zone:– free inflow of the Screenings – without rotary arm low head loss – no entangling
- The screw conveyor for capture and transport of the solids retained are equipped with suitable brushes in the sieving zone to clean the drainage area in the conveyor. The brushes are made in segments, bolted on the spiral, allowing an easy replacement of the worn pieces only.
- Easy and fast maintenance and thus low costs due to bolted main parts of the unit
At a predetermined upstream level the screen drum and screw conveyor starts rotating independently. The sedimented solids rotate upwards with the drum, where they drop gravitationally into a conveyor trough located in the center of the drum supported by a spray bar. There they are caught by the spiral and transported up to the press zone. During the rotation the spiral brushes removes the solids from the inner surface of drainage zone. In the press zone the screenings are conveyed, compacted and dewatered prior to disposal or further treatment.