Ohio Lumex - Model PYRO-915+ - Attachment for Complex Liquid/Solid Compounds
Used as an attachment to RA-915M (or RA-915+) the new PYRO-915+ atomizer with a large optical sell with heated windows and two chambers provides a unique direct mercury determination and allows direct analysis of complex matrix samples of solids and liquids (no pretreatment procedures required).
All products are transported from the first chamber to the second one by the carried gas (in our case it is air). The second chamber is continuously heated about 800 C. There, all mercury compounds are dissociated and smoke and interference compounds are burst producing mostly carbon dioxide and water. Zeeman corrector of the spectrometer eliminates the rest background absorption. The catalyst improves the efficiency of oxidation and dissociation in the second chamber.
The power supply unit of the attachment provides stable air flow speed and temperature of chambers and analytical cell.
- Unique direct mercury determination (no pretreatment procedures required) in liquid and solid samples (including complex matrix organic samples): waste water, blood, foodstuffs, oil and oil products, bottom sediments, rocks etc.;
- Fast mercury determination without its preliminary accumulation on a gold trap;
- Broad dynamic measurement range: 5 orders of magnitude;
- Variable temperature of the decomposition chamber allows selection of optimal atomization. Preset modes for various types of samples are embedded in the software;
- Heated analytical cell rules out interferences even for a sample with a high content of organic substances and chlorides;
- Boost heated function (stepwise heating of the atomizer) allows to control the completeness of the mercury release from the sample;
- Monitoring the background absorption during measurement allows effective selection of the permissible weight of samples of any composition, thereby avoiding analysis errors;
- Visualization of mercury output from the sample, user-friendly computer interface;
- Calibration coefficient is set using standard mercury-containing sample of any composition, high calibration stability;
- Automatic control of the air flow rate, no carrier gas is needed.
Direct atomic absorption mercury determination (without any pre-treatment procedures) in the samples with complex matrix (foods, vegetation, oil and its products, soils, sediments, various biological materials) is complicated by presence of organic compounds. When such samples are atomized much smoke is produced and practically in all cases the total absorption in the cell is out of the working range of the spectrometer. Using a spectrometer with background correction - Zeeman atomic absorption mercury spectrometer RA-915M (or RA-915+) and a developed two-chamber catalyst atomizer (PYRO-915), the direct mercury determination problem is solved.
- Application : Detection Limit
- Natural, potable and waste water : 1-2 µg/l
- Foodstuff : 0.5-3 µg/kg
- Oil and oil products : 1-5 µg/kg
- Blood : 1-2 µg/kg
- Plants : 0.5 µg/kg
- Hair : 3 µg/kg
- Soils and bottom sediments : 0.5 µg/kg
- Sample Weight : 10-50 mg
- Upper limit of the measurement range of concentration for a 20 mg sample : 200 mg/kg
- Time for one measurement with air pumping rate 1 l/m : 1-5 min
- Size and weight of analyzer : 460x210x110 mm, 7.5 kg/16.6 lbs
- Weight of PYRO-915+ : 17 kg/37.8 lbs
- Dimensions of power supply unit : 380x260x130 mm
- Dimensions of thermal chamber unit and optical unit : 350x350x120 mm
- Power requirements for analyzer : 100/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 15 W
- Power requirements for PYRO-915+ : 100/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 700 W
- Mercury analyzer RA – 915M (or RA - 915+)
- PYRO – 915+ attachment
- PC with Windows XP and preloaded Ohio Lumex software
- Standard sample set
- Installation and commissioning (upon request)
Covered by 12-months limited warranty
Consultations and initial training of personnel are provided. Spare parts delivered/repairs made immediately upon customer’s request (free within the warranty period).