OTT HydroMet - Model LUFFT CHM 15k - NIMBUS - LIDAR-Based Cloud Height Sensor / Ceilometer
From Cloud Height and Snow Depth Sensors
The LUFFT CHM 15k has a double-walled housing combined with integrated fan and automatic heating system. Thus it provides reliable protection against misting, precipitation, freezing or overheating. Exact results due to high sensitivity. Reliable and accurate results at any time of the day or night are ensured by the use of long-life laser sources, filters with narrow bandwidth and high-sensitivity photodetectors.
- Parameters measured: Aerosol backscatter profile, cloud base height, cloud penetration depth, aerosol layer height, cloud cover, vertical visibility, Sky Condition Index
- Measurement technology: Optical (LIDAR)
- Product highlights: Measuring range up to 15 km (50,000 ft), optimized detection of several cloud layers, simple eye-safe operation, service-friendly modular device design, various data telegrams including raw data
- Interfaces: RS485, LAN, RS232 oder Modem V.21, V22
The Lufft CHM 15k is a LIDAR cloud height sensor based on a single wavelength backscattering technique. It detects various cloud layers (max 9), cloud penetration depths, issues the Sky Condition Index, vertical field of view (VOR), aerosol layer heights, boundary layers and aerosol backscatter profiles with a range of up to 15 km.
The sensor achieves excellent signal quality thanks to its stable wavelength and its Nd:YAG narrow-beam microchip laser operating in the 1064 nm range. In addition, its technology enables efficient daylight suppression and reduces temperature fluctuations to a minimum.
Due to its pulse energy and laser frequency it is eye-safe and classified as a 1M laser product.
Moreover, the CHM 15k features a user-friendly design that enables unattended, continuous operation.
The CHM 15k is a state-of-the-art solution for today's diverse requirements of atmospheric research. It is suitable both as a sophisticated aerosol research instrument and as part of a large measurement network.
Examples of Use:
The CHM 15k is a simple single-shaft backscatter Lidar cloud height sensor or ceilometer. Within its measuring range of up to 15 km, it reliably detects several cloud layers, cirrus clouds and aerosol layers. The ceilometer is therefore often used for the following applications and events:
- Observation of up to 15,000 m high cirrus clouds
- Creation of aerosol backscatter profiles
- Determination of the boundary layer height
- Precipitation measurement
- Cloud cover detection
- Fog detection
- To determine the vertical visibility
Our clients include public and private weather services, environmental agencies and national and international airports.
Measuring principle: Lidar (optical, time of flight)
- Description: Aerosol backscatter profile
- Range: 5 ... 15,000 m (16 ... 50.000 ft)
- Time resolution: 2 ... 600 s
- Range resolution: 5, 10, 15 m
- Quality and auxiliary values: External and internal temperature, window status, laser status, receiver status
- Quantities given in layers: Cloud base height (CBH), Cloud penetration depth (CPD), Aerosol layer height (ALH)
- Number of layers: 1 - 9 layer (programmable);
- 3 layer preset
- Accuracy (measured on hard target in 10 km distance): ±5 m (±16 ft)
- Additional quantities: Cloud cover in octas (WMO 2700), Vertical visibility in m, Sky condition index
- Standard interfaces: RS485 (ASCII communication)
- LAN (Web-Interface, (S-)FTP, NetTools)
- Optional interfaces: DSL modem, RS232 for service
- Power supply: 230 VAC or 115 VAC, ±10 %
- Power consumption: 250 W (Standard)
- 800 W (in maximum heating mode)
- UPS functionality (opt.): Internal backup battery for electronics >1 hr
- Light source: Nd:YAG solid state laser
- Wavelength: 1064 nm
- Pulse energy: 7 µJ
- Pulse repetition frequency: 5 - 7 kHz
- Filter Bandwidth: 1 nm
- Field of view receiver: 0.45 mrad
- Environmental compliance: ISO 10109 - 11
- Laser protection class: 1M, IEC 60825-1:2014; complies with 21 CFR 1040.10 except for deviations pursuant to Laser Notice No. 50, dated June 24, 2007
- Protection level housing: IP65
- Electrical Safety: EN 61326 - 1 Class B
- Certifications: CE
- 115 VAC version compatible with FCC/ CSA
- International standards: Complies with ICAO frangibility requirements
- Temperature range: -40...+50 °C
- Relative humidity: 0 ... 100 %
- Wind: 55 m/s
- Dimensions: 500 x 500 x 1550 mm
- Weight: 70 kg (130 kg incl. Packaging)
No reviews were found for OTT HydroMet - Model LUFFT CHM 15k - NIMBUS - LIDAR-Based Cloud Height Sensor / Ceilometer. Be the first to review!