PCA - Model EDU Series - Enrichment & Desorption Unit
EDU desorber is used to increase the sensitivity and discriminating power of analytical systems. It drastically reduces the measurement time due to the enrichment on Tenax (or other absorbent material) of the volatile compounds emitted by the sample.
- EDU3 is used as a support for PEN3 e-nose. It is highly recommended for readings on low emission products or with high concentrations of alcohol.
- EDU3-GC is the thermal desorber dedicated to traditional gas-chromatographic systems such as GC, GC-MS and/or PTR-MS.
- EDU3-GD is to be coupled with gas-chromatographic portable systems (Micro-GC).
The Instruments Division of our company is committed in saling worldwide products for Environmental Air monitoring, Quality control and Safety. We support clients through our sale offices located in the major italian cities, and we provide trainings for users.
EDU3 is a fully-automated enrichment and thermal desorption unit, which is used for air analysis or for sample preparation. EDU3 allows it to concentrate substances or perform a selection from certain substances for subsequent analysis.
The stand-alone instrument moves through the cycles themselves. With the software side access to the analysis parameters, the selectivity and sensitivity can be influenced. Also, by the selection of the adsorbent, the collection and desorption to the problem and the target substance to be adjusted. Thus, enrichment factor between 10 and 1000 are achieved.
Due to its internal flow path system, the device can be easily connected to different detectors. It can be used as a stand-alone unit or in combination with a headspace sampler. Special versions are available which are compatible with common laboratory GCs, Micro-GCs and mass spectrometers available.
- Detection of odorants in natural gas
- Proof of solvents in the workplace
- Investigation of pharmaceutical aerosols
- Increased selectivity
- Better detection limits
- Portable instrument
- Automatical cycles
- Easy replacement of the adsorbent tube with bayonet lock
- Computer supported or standalone mode
- Inlet Sampler: made of stainless steel and Teflon®, heated up to 150°C, special fluidic and electrical connector
- Inlet Detector: made of stainless steel, heated up to 150°C, special fluidic and electrical connector; different types of installation of detectors
- Sample flow: adjustable, 50ml/min to 500ml/min
- Flow system: internal pump for sampling; internal multiport valve, heated
- Temperature adjustable
- sampling: typical 30°C
- desorption: up to 250°C
- cleaning: up to 280°C
- Adsorbent: different adsorbent materials available, depending on the application
- Tube holder: holder for one adsorbent tube
- Measurement time: typical: 10 minutes for full cycle
- Cycle operation: single or continuous cycle
- Display: text display
- Dimension: 255 x 190 x 92 mm
- weight: 2.3 kg
- Temperature typical: 0°C to 45°C
- Humidity (relative): 5 % to 95 %, non-condensing
- Main power
- Power supply: 110 to 230VAC; max 80W or 12VDC (optional)
- Computer interface: USB port or serial RS-232 (optional)
- Electrical interface: TTL & Relays or connection to analytical equipment or other peripherals
- Operating system Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Software TTD-Terminal for the full cycle: collecting, post sampling, desorption, injection, cleaning and cooling
- Compliant to EN292 part 1 & 2, EN294,
- EN61010-1, EN1050, EN60204-1,
- EN55011 G1 CB, EN50270, EN61326
- 12 months