Presto GeoTerra - Model GTO - Portable Construction Mats
From Construction Mats
Create site access fast and easy with GEOTERRA GTO mats – the safest portable construction mats – without the need for heavy equipment to deploy or install. Bolt connections make it easy to build mats the right size for access roads, work platforms and tracking pads, and the mats protect grass for temporary vehicle access. GEOTERRA Mats are built with a high crush and flexural strength that supports heavy construction vehicles at 40-70% lower cost than heavier composite or timber mats – even over soft ground. Performance: Proven Equivalent to 12 inches of Aggregate.
GEOTERRA GTO mats are up to 70% more economical than alternative mats and are often the right mat for the job.
Easier to Transport & Handle
GEOTERRA GTO units are substantially lighter than timber or heavy composite mats and do not require special handling equipment such as cranes or other overhead machinery.
Faster, Safer to Install
GEOTERRA GTO mats are fast to install onsite–and are safer than mats that require heavy overhead handling equipment.
Design Flexibility, Laydown Versatility
GEOTERRA GTO mats are compatible with other filter or drainage products. Their size allows custom shaping the overall mat to meet site requirements, reducing costs.
Equivalent to 12 inches Aggregate
Research at Kansas University verified GEOTERRA GTO mats performed equivalent to 12 inches (300 mm) of crushed aggregate & and they reduce rutting, and offer easier clean-up, easier turf restoration and lower installation.
GEOTERRA GTO mats are made from HDPE and are highly weather resistant. Mats can be reused for additional savings as they will not rot or weather.
Porous Surface Allows Water Infiltration & Exfiltration.
The mats open surface allows water to pass through, minimizing accumulation of water and resulting saturated soils as well as harmful pore pressure build up. The open surface also allows inclusion of underlying drainage layers to capture and manage rainwater.
Low Environmental Impact
GEOTERRA mats are made from recycled material, conserving natural resources compared to timber and composite mats that require destruction of hundreds of acres of forest and higher resin use.
- Strong & Durable: High density polyethylene is built strong, yet is light in weight.
- Economical: Up to 70% more economical than heavier HDPE or timber mat systems.
- Fast & Easy: Fast deployment. Fast installation. Requires no heavy equipment.
- Weather Resistant: Made from HDPE and are highly weather resistant so will not degrade or rot.
- Easy on the Environment: The mat’s open surface allows water infiltration and exfiltration. Mats are reusable and offer a low carbon footprint.
- Design Flexibility, Laydown Versatility: Compatible with other filter or drainage products. Can custom shape overall platform size to meet site requirements.
- Delineation: Available yellow bolts for edge or centerline marking.
- Construction Access Roads
- Temporary Access for Construction Equipment
- Oil Drilling Roadways & Platforms
- Wind Farm Roadways & Staging Areas
- Heavy Vehicle & Equipment Storage
- Tower Construction Using Heavy Cranes
- Cemetery and Utility Access
- Field Turf & Lawn Protection
- Material : 100% Virgin High Density Polyethylene Blend
- Color : Ranges from dark shades of gray to black
- Chemical Resistance : Superior
- Carbon Black for Ultraviolet Light Stabilization : 1.5% - 2.0%
- Unit Minimum Crush Strength @ 21°C (70°F) : Up to 3790 kPa ( up to 550 psi)
- Material Flexural Modulus at 21°C (70°F) : 1370 MPa (200,000 psi)
- Low Temperature Brittleness : -76°C
- Nominal Dimensions (width x length) : .44 m x .93 m (17.5 in x 36.5 in)
- Nominal Unit Depth : 50 mm (2.0 in)
- Nominal Coverage Area : 0.41 m² (4.43 ft²)
- Cells per Unit : 40
- Cell Size : 79 mm x 81 mm (3.1 in x 3.2 in)
- Top Open Area per unit : 87%
- Bottom Open Area per unit : 20%
- Unit Weight (with integral nuts) : 5.35 kg (11.8 lbs)
- Units per Pallet : 46