ProMinent - Model Sigma/ 1 (Basic Type) - Motor Driven Metering Pump
From Metering Pumps
Capacity range 17 – 144 l/h, 12 – 4 bar. The Sigma/ 1 Basic is an extremely robust motor-driven metering pump with patented multi-layer safety diaphragm for excellent process safety. It offers a wide range of power end designs, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, even for Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
The robust pump for safe and reliable use
The Sigma/ 1 diaphragm metering pump together with pumps of type Sigma/ 2 and Sigma/ 3 represent an integrated product range. They cover the capacity range from 17 to 1,030 l/h, with a consistent operating concept, control concept and spare parts management. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- In the event of an accident, the feed chemical does not escape to the outside nor into the pump's power end, thanks to the patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical (optionally electric) signalling
- Integrated relief valve protects the pump against overloading
- Reliable operation by bleed option during the suction process
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- The entire Sigma product range is available as standard in a 'Physiologically safe in respect of wetted materials' design.
- Metering pumps with electro-polished stainless steel metering head and EHEDG certification enable them to be used in hygienically challenging applications
- Adaptation to specific installation situations, as the 'Liquid end on left' is available as standard
Field of application
- Volume-proportional addition of chemicals in water treatment, e.g. sodium-calcium hypochlorite for the disinfection of potable water
- Neutralisation in waste water treatment
- Time-controlled addition of chemicals in the cooling water circuit
- Pulse-controlled metering in the bottling of different volumes e.g. glycerin filling of manometers
- Stroke length: 4 mm,
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100%
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 1% increments (optionally with actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 2% within the 30-100% stroke length adjustment range under certain defined conditions and after proper installation.
- Wetted materials: PVDF, stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials on request
- Patented multi-layer safety diaphragm with optical diaphragm rupture display (optionally with diaphragm rupture warning system via a contact)
- Integrated hydraulic relief and bleed valve
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55 (optionally II2GEExeIIT3, II2GEExdIICT4)
- Fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing
- Liquid end on left is available as standard
- For reasons of safety, provide suitable overload protection mechanisms in all mechanically deflected diaphragm metering pumps
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions (S1Ba)Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 sec for 1 % stroke length, 1 k Ohm response signal potentiometer, enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consists of actuator with servomotor and integrated servo control for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Automatic/manual operation selection key for manual stroke adjustment. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Variable speed motors with integrated frequency converter (identity code specification V)
- Power supply 1ph 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.18 kW
- Externally controllable with 0/4-20 mA (see Fig. pk_2_103).
- Upon request externally controllable via PROFIBUS® DP
- Speed controllers with frequency converter (identity code specification Z)
- The speed controller assembly consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor of 0.09 kW
- 'Physiologically Safe (FDA) in Respect of Wetted Materials' Version
- All wetted materials in the 'Physiologically safe (FDA) in respect of wetted materials' design comply with the FDA guidelines.
- Material PTFE: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.1550
- Material PVDF: FDA No. 21 CFR § 177.2510
- Available for material version PVT and SST.
- Identity code example: S1BaH04084PVTS00 F S000
Sigma / 1 Basic Type Version 'Liquid End on Left Side'
- This version offers additional adaptability to special installation situations, e.g. in combination with storage tanks, brackets, etc.
Reviews have been disabled for ProMinent - Model Sigma/ 1 (Basic Type) - Motor Driven Metering Pump.