ProMinent - Model Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type) - Plunger Metering Pump
Capacity range 2 – 76 l/h, 320 – 12 bar. The plunger metering pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type) is an extremely robust plunger metering pump with high-performance plunger and the option to adjust the pump capacity in 0.2% increments. It offers a wide range of power end versions, such as three-phase or 1-phase AC motors, even for Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Sigma plunger pump – durable and high-performance
The plunger metering pump Sigma/ 2 (Basic Type) (SBKa) is a metering pump, the pump capacity of which can be precisely adjusted in 0.2% increments, either manually or optionally with an electric actuator or control drive. A wide range of drive versions is available, including some for use in Exe and Exde areas with ATEX certification.
Excellent process safety and reliability:
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 1% within the 10 – 100% stroke length range under defined conditions and with correct installation
Flexible adaptation to the process:
- Wide range of power end versions, also for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for the use of customised motors
- Customised designs are available on request
- Stroke length: 15 mm
- Stroke length adjustment range: 0 – 100 %
- Stroke length adjustment: manually by self-locking rotary dial in 0.2 % increments (optionally with electric actuator or control drive)
- Metering reproducibility is better than ± 1 % within the 10 - 100 % stroke volume adjustment range under certain defined conditions and with correct installation
- Wetted materials: Stainless steel 1.4571/1.4404, special materials are available on request
- High-performance oxide ceramic plunger
- A wide range of power end versions is available: Three-phase standard motor, 1-phase AC motor, motors for use in Exe and Exde areas and different flange designs for use in customer-specific motors
- Degree of protection IP 55
- Highly rigid fibreglass-reinforced plastic housing with excellent chemical resistance
- Provide suitable overload protection in all plunger metering pumps during installation for safety reasons
Sigma Basic Type Control Functions
Stroke length actuator/controller
Actuator for automatic stroke length adjustment, actuating period approx. 1 sec for 1% stroke length, 1 kΩ response signal potentiometer, enclosure rating IP 54.
Controller consists of actuator with servomotor and integrated servo control for stroke length adjustment via a standard signal. Standard signal input 0/4-20 mA corresponds to stroke length 0 - 100%. Automatic/manual operation selection key for manual stroke adjustment. Mechanical status display of actual stroke length value output 0/4-20 mA for remote display.
Variable speed motors with integrated speed controller (identity code specification V)
- Power supply 1 ph 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.37 kW.
- External control with 0/4-20 mA (see pk_2_103)
Speed controllers in metal housing (identity code specification Z)
- The speed controller assembly consists of a frequency converter and a variable speed motor of 0.37 kW.