Pulsar - Model IMP - Ultrasonic, Non-Contacting Level Measurement
The IMP range of non-contacting level sensors from Pulsar Measurement are designed to be used wherever you need an accurate and reliable level indication. The unique digital echo process techniques featured in the IMP range of level sensors mean the units are perfect for slurries, liquids, or anywhere where you need a display giving you a level indication or analog output to interface with your existing site control system or to drive a display.
There are several measurement ranges available from 200 mm to 10 m (7.9 in to 32.8 ft) and each sensor can be wired for 2 or 3-wire operation. All IMP options feature an LCD display and digital temperature measurement and compensation. Combine the IMP level sensors with PC Suite 4.0 and users will be able to download, analyze, and store echo profiles, set up the sensor parameters, install new firmware, and add a flow curve to configure level to flow linearization.
The IMP level measurement units are suitable for water and wastewater applications, industrial level measurement, tank level measurement, stock control, and health and safety compliance. To find out more about the IMP range of level measurement sensors, contact us today.
- Compact, self-contained level measurement
- Calibrate without compromising the IP67 rating
- Simple menu led setup
- High power and narrow beam angles
- Dimensions: 186 mm (H) x 133 mm (D) (7.3 in (H) x 5.2 in (D))
- Cable Entry: : 2 off cable glands 4.5 mm to 10 mm (0.2 in to 0.4 in); Torque to 2 NM
- IMP3 - 3 m (9.8 ft) version: 1.5 in BSP/NPT
- IMP 6 - 6 m (19.7 ft) version: 1.5 in BSP/NPT
- IMP10 - 10 m (32.8 ft) version: 2 in BSP/NPT
- Suits BSP & NPT, parallel and tapered
- Weight: Nominal 1kg (2.2 lb)
- Enclosure Protection: IP67
- Temperature (Process): -4 0°C to +65 °C (-40 °F to +149 °F )
- Temperature (Ambient): -40 °C to +80 °C (-40 °F to +176 °F)
- Input Voltage Range: 11-30 V, 3.5-22mA
- Accuracy: ±0.25% or 6 mm (0.2 in) whichever is greater
- Resolution: ±0.1% or 2 mm (0.1 in) whichever is greater
- 4-20mA Outputs: Resolution 5 μA; both active and passive outputs
- Temperature Compensation: Via internal temperature sensor 0.5 °C (± 32.9 °F) accuracy. Level and volume conversion are installed allowing linearisation for tank shapes.
- PC Interface: All parameters can be accessed and changed through PC Suite software. Echo traces may be viewed on-screen.
- IMP Lite
- IMP I.S.
- Configurations: 2-Wire or 3-Wire
- Beam Angle (-3 dB half power):
- IMP3: ‹10° inclusive
- IMP6: ‹10° inclusive
- IMP10: ‹10° inclusive
- Operating Frequency:
- IMP3: 125 kHz
- IMP6: 75 kHz
- IMP10: 41 kHz
- Measurement Range:
- IMP3: 200 mm to 3 m (7.9 in to 10 ft)
- IMP6: 300 mm to 6 m (11.8 in to 19.7 ft)
- IMP10: 300 mm to 10 m (11.8 in to 32.8 ft)
- Software: IMP PC