Qwik-Freezer - Liquid Carbon Dioxide Pipe Freezing System
Qwik-Freezer equipment utilizes liquid carbon dioxide (CO2) to freeze stationary water in selected sections of pipe or tubing. By producing very low 'dry ice' temperatures, Qwik-Freezer forms a secure in-line ice plug. This temporarily isolates the water in the system and allows repairs or modifications to be made without draining down or shutting off systems.
The Qwik-Freezer kit is easy to use. A specially designed jacket is wrapped around the pipe at the point where the freeze is required. A nozzle on the jacket is then coupled to a cylinder of liquid CO2 by means of a high pressure hose. When the liquid CO2 is injected into the space between the jacket and pipe, it immediately expands to form a solid carbon dioxide (dry ice) at a temperature of -109ºF (-78ºC). This low temperature quickly freezes the contents forming a secure 'ice plug' which seals the pipe.
The 'ice plug forms only in a section of pipe covered by the jacket so the resulting rise in pressure is very small and there is no damage to the pipe. The technique can be used safely on iron, lead, stainless steel, copper, brass and plastic pipe.
- Saves valuable time normally lost in draining down and refilling a system.
- Avoids complete shutdown of systems and equipment (as in a sprinkler or water supply system)
- Prevents waste of large amounts of water.
- Eliminates handling of waste water.
- Safe and cost effective.
- Office & Commercial Buildings
- Petro/ Chemical Refineries
- Food & Beverage Plants.
- Hospitals/Nursing Homes
- Industrial Plants
- Water Treatment Facilities
- Conventional & Nuclear Power Plants
- Water Utilities
- QF101 for 3/8' (9.375 mm.) to 3/4' (18.75 mm.) Pipe size.
- QF 102 for 3/4' (18.75 mm.) to 1-1/2' (37.5 mm.) Pipe size.
- QF103 for 1-1/2' (37.5 mm.) to 3' (75 mm.) Pipe size.
- QF104 for 3-1/2' (87.5 mm.) to 4' (100 mm.) Pipe size.
- QF106 for 5' (125 mm.) to 6' (150 mm.) Pipe size.
- QF108 for 7' (175' (175 mm.) to 8' (200mm.) Pipe size.