Redragon - Model SHX - SF6 - Recovery Unit
In the electrical industry the gas is used primarily in circuit breakers, puffer breakers, switches and gas insulated switchgear. The SHX series ranges from small handcarts with 20-lb storage to trailer-mounted systems with over 2,000-lb storage.
Sulphur Hexafluoride (SF6) is a compound that has a unique combination of properties, such as:
- Chemical Inertness
- Thermal Stability
- Excellent Heat Transfer
- High Dielectric Strenght
- Ability to Regenerate
- that have seen it applied in a wide variety of industries, amongst others:
- Magnesium Casting
- Aluminum Degassing
- Leak Detection
- Electrical Componentsr
- Particle Accelerators
- In the electrical industry the gas is used primarily in circuit breakers, puffer breakers (where SF6 used in place of air oil or vacuum), switches and gas Insulated transmission lines
- SF6 does have a number of disadvantages that are becoming more and more critical to an enviromentally-aware population.
- Sulphur Hexaflouride is considered to be a fully flourinated compound (FFC). Since FFC's have atmospheric lifetimes of up to 50T000 Years, these potent greenhouse gases could contribute significantly andT essentially, permanently to global warming if emissions continue to grow. If C02 has a global warming potential of 1, then SF6has a global warming potential some 25T000 times higher.
- The SHF-series of SF6 recovery units is designed to minimise the impact of these means of the following:
- Greenhouse gos reduction - through transfer of the SF6 from its current housing to onboard or external storage cylinders the gas does not need to be vented into the atmosphere
- By-product removal - by use of suitably designed filters and scrubbers its is possible to remove hazardous contaminants from the SF6 gas.
- Cost reduction - by effiently recycling the gas through the SHF recovery unit it is possible to reuse the existing SF6 gas minimising the requirement of purchasing new gas.