Anguil - Model RCO - Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer
The Anguil Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO) destroys Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and odorous emissions that are often discharged from industrial processes. The RCO achieves emission destruction through the process of thermal and catalytic oxidation, converting the pollutants to carbon dioxide and water vapor while reusing the thermal energy generated to reduce operating costs. What differentiates the RCO from a standard regenerative thermal system is the addition of catalyst, it allows destruction of harmful compounds to occur at lower temperatures.
To develop their Regnerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO), Anguil has taken over forty years of catalyst experience and combined it with a quality Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) design, resulting in a system that achieves emission destruction at temperatures 600 to 800 °F (315-427°C) lower than a standard oxidizer. VOC and HAP laden process gas enters the oxidizer through an inlet manifold to flow control, poppet valves that direct this gas into energy recovery chambers where it is preheated. The process gas and contaminants are progressively heated in the ceramic media beds as they move toward the combustion chamber.
Catalyst placed near the combustion chamber helps oxidize the VOCs and HAPs in an exothermic reaction. Since catalytic oxidation occurs at lower temperatures, a layer of catalyst is used in conjunction with the ceramic packing in an RTO or as a replacement of a portion of the ceramics. As a result, fuel consumption required to preheat incoming emissions could be lowered by 50 to 95 %, further reducing the carbon emissions and operating costs of the already efficient thermal oxidizer. Depending on the process conditions and gas prices, the payback on catalyst costs could be as low as three months when applying this abatement technology.
Hot, purified air releases thermal energy as it passes through the media bed in the outlet flow direction. The outlet bed is heated and the gas is cooled so that the outlet gas temperature is only slightly higher than the process inlet temperature. Poppet valves alternate the airflow direction into the media beds to maximize energy recovery within the oxidizer.
The high energy recovery within these oxidizers reduces the auxiliary fuel requirement and saves operating cost. The Anguil oxidizer achieves high destruction efficiency and self-sustaining operation with no auxiliary fuel usage at low concentrations.
- Multiple catalyst and ceramic media options are available for various process streams including halogenated applications
- Completely shop assembled, pre-wired and tested prior to shipment
- Skid mounted designs available for airflows up to 30,000 SCFM (47,313 Nm3/hr) and single unit systems up to 75,000 SCFM (78,855 Nm3/hr)
- RCO operation is self-sustaining as low as 2-3% Lower Explosive Limit (LEL), reducing the need for auxiliary fuel.
- At low VOC concentrations the RCO offers fuel savings over a RTO
- Low NOX burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no VOC process conditions
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder remote telemetry
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) allows for high volumetric turn-down during idle or low process conditions
- Hinged access doors for ease of maintenance
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, TSSA, CGA and ATEX
- Complete 'turnkey' packages
- Two chamber and multi-bed configurations
- Forced or induced draft fan arrangements
- Diverse material of construction options for corrosive applications such as halogenated compounds
- Acid gas scrubber module with a completely integrated control system
- Electrically heated units when fuel is not available on site
- Skid or remote mounted panels and enclosure rooms available for system controls
- Custom oxidizer design options to meet space restrictions
- Primary or secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
- Supplemental Fuel Injection (SFI) for increased fuel efficiency, flameless thermal oxidation and ultra low NOX emissions
- Zero leakage, dual-disk Poppet valve design achieves 99+% destruction efficiency without a puff chamber or reliability concerns
- Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
- System flexibility addresses a wide range of process conditions and easily controls multiple sources
- Customized ceramic media with true thermal energy recovery up to 97%
- Low pressure drop reduces electrical consumption
- Competitive capital equipment cost
- Rapid installation time on most systems
- Small equipment footprint
The RCO is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. Anguil's experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These vapor combustion technologies are used in conjunction with Emission Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for industrial processes. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
- Primary or secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
- Recirculation Systems
- Oxidizer Service and Preventive Maintenance Evaluations (PME)
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative air pollution control technologies including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
Complete aftermarket sales department
- Over 35 years of oxidizer manufacturing experience