ResinTech - Model SACMP-UPS - Cation Exchange Resin Strong Acid Macroporous Na Or H Form
ResinTech SACMP-UPS is a sodium form macroporous highly crosslinked strong acid cation resin. SACMP-UPS is a uniform particle size resin with high void space and low coefficient of drag. ResinTech SACMP-UPS is intended for use where resin uniformity is an important attribute to help reduce pressure loss or prevent strainer plugging. SACMP-UPS is available in the sodium or hydrogen form (when ordered as SACMP-H-UPS).
- Polymer Structure: Styrene/DVB
- Polymer Type: Macroporous
- Functional Group: Sulfonic Acid
- Physical Form: Spherical Beads
- Ionic Form (as shipped): Sodium or Hydrogen
- Total capacity: > 1.65 meq/mL (H Form) / > 1.7 meq/mL (Na Form)
- Water Retention: 50 to 60 percent (H Form) / 45 to 55 percent (Na Form)
- Approximate Shipping Weight : 53 lbs/cu.ft. (H Form) / 53 lbs/cu.ft. (Na Form)
- Swelling: 3 to 5 percent Na to H
- Screen Size Distribution : 20 to 40 (U.S. Mesh)
- Maximum Fines Content: 0.5 percent (
- Minimum Sphericity: 98 percent
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.25 (Approximate)
- Resin Color: Tan
Gives greatly increased life in stressful applications where resin degradation due to thermal and oxidative effects is anticipated
Highly Uniform Particle Size
20 to 40 mesh size, provides low pressure drop and superior kinetics
Superior Physical Stability
95% plus sphericity and high crush strengths together with carefully controlled particle distribution provides long life and low pressure drop
Complies With US FDA Regulations
Conforms to paragraph 21CFR173.25 of the Food Additives Regulations of the US FDA.
ResinTech SACMP has somewhat lower total capacity and lower regeneration efficiency than gel cation resins. SACMP provides long service life in high stress applications such as softening waters at up to 300˚F where other cation resins would rapidly fail.
ResinTech SACMP-H-UPS can be used in a variety of demineralization configurations. SACMP-H-UPS is ideal for high flow rate polishers and where high resistance to mechanical, thermal, and oxidative stresses is required.
ResinTech SACMP-UPS has a very narrow particle size range. This allows a slightly smaller bead size to be used which results in faster exchange of ions, more efficient regeneration and lower leakage. SACMP-UPS is ideal for packed beds and other types of countercurrent ion exchangers where consistent operation is important cycle after cycle.