ResinTech - Model WBG30 - Granular Gel Epoxy Polyamine Weak Base Anion Resin
ResinTech WBG30 is a granular gel epoxy polyamine weak base anion resin. WBG30 has higher capacity than other anion exchange resins and has substantial strong base functionality. ResinTech WBG30 is intended for single use applications that require the highest possible operating capacity. WBG30 is available in the free base form or with the strong base sites regenerated into the hydroxide form (when ordered as WBG30-OH).
- Polymer Structure: Epoxy polyamine
- Polymer Type: Gel
- Functional Group: Polyamine
- Physical Form: Granular Beads
- Ionic Form (as shipped): Free Base
- Total capacity: > 2.8 meq/mL (FB Form)
- Water Retention: 52 to 58 percent (FB Form)
- Approximate Shipping Weight : 40 lbs/cu.ft. (FB Form)
- Swelling: 10 to 15 percent FB to Cl
- Screen Size Distribution : 12 to 50 (U.S. Mesh)
- Maximum Fines Content: 1 percent (less than 50 Mesh)
- Minimum Sphericity: 93 percent
- Uniformity Coefficient: 2.0 (Approximate)
- Resin Color: Amber
Highest Operating Capacity
Substantially higher capacity than other types of weak base anion resins
Significant Salt Splitting Capacity
High fraction of strong base capacity provides exceptional rinse characteristics and some removal of carbon dioxide
Controlled Granule Size
Large granules provide good physical strength and minimal fines provide low pressure loss
Selective For Chelated Metal Complexes
Removes metal complexes such as those formed with EDTA when used in the salt form.
Single Use Applications
ResinTech WBG30 is ideal for single use applications because it has higher capacity than any other weakly basic anion resin. It can be used in disposable cartridges or in larger tanks where the resin is sluiced out when spent and replaced with fresh resin. Aries Filterworks, a division of ResinTech, can provide WBG30 in cartridges or tanks for a variety of single use applications.
ResinTech WBG30 has higher capacity than any other weak base anion resin. The very high capacity makes WBG30 an ideal choice for cartridges. WBG30 is a granular rather than a spherical media.