SECO USA - Custom Rugged Tablets
From Rugged Tablets
SECO USA is an award-winning industry leader of power-optimized handheld and rugged device designs, offering custom tablet solutions. While commercially available tablets often lack key features or peripherals required by military, medical, and industrial markets, SECO USA’s custom tablets are built to customer specifications. Unlike commercial devices, SECO USA’s custom built tablets can be designed to: excel in rugged environments, withstand drops and liquid immersion, accommodate restricted or specialized software configurations, respond to centralized fleet management software, control software and configuration updates, and/or have a specific look and feel. Each custom tablet design is based on a verified SECO USA tablet; standard hardware, software, and mechanical operation has been completely debugged and validated.
Peripherals, external connections, display resolution/size, enclosure, operating system, software configuration, and/or docking station can be modified and built to spec. And with SECO USA’s proven development process, custom made tablets are delivered from prototype to production at a lower cost, on a quicker schedule and with minimal risk.
- Processors: SECO USA COTS boards with a range of SKUs for number of cores, and frequency ranges
- Memory: Range of DRAM and flash memory densities to optimize cost or provide future expansion
- Display: Flat panel displays from 4 inches to 12+ inches, with LVDS or MIPI-DSI interfaces; LCD backlight customization available to enable sunlight readability
- Touch Screen: Resistive or capacitive technologies, with protective glass or film
- User Interface: Define your own buttons – location, color, size, actuation, stenciling, function
- Audio: Line and/or microphone inputs; line or speaker outputs; Bluetooth headsets
- Video: LVDS, HDMI, Display Port, analog video input/output
- Camera: MIPI-CSI2 or USB interfaces; chooses your resolution and pixel format
- Wireless Devices: 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, LTE/cellular, personal area network (PAN)
- Standard Peripherals: USB, Ethernet, RS-232, SATA, mini-PCI, SPI, I2C, CAN, GPIO
- Special Peripherals: Credit card reader, RFID, laser scanner, biometrics, data acquisition, etc.
- Battery: Optimize battery size and capacity for your application and use cases
- Operating Systems: Android, Linux, RTOS, other OS based on availability; customize to lock the system from unauthorized changes; custom splash screens on boot-up
- Enclosure: Size, shape, color, materials, ergonomics, external connections, logo, stenciling
- Durability: MIL-SPEC, FCC Part 15 compliance, immersion, shock survival, certification
- Docking: Form-factor, voltage inputs, external peripheral connectors, ruggedization
- Fleet Management / OTA Updates: Utilize SECO USA Device Manager for remote asset tracking by serial number, controlled software upgrades, GPS-based operation to prevent theft
- Additional Options: Contact SECO USA for additional custom options/unique project requirements