Singer Valve - Model 106/206-SC - Solenoid Control Valve
Singer models 106-SC and 206-SC solenoid control valves are based on the Singer model 106-PG or 206-PG main valve. The solenoid pilot valve provides on-off position operation. The solenoid either admits inlet pressure into the main valve operating chamber or releases pressure from the operating chamber. The pilot system is usually piped to discharge at the valve outlet, but can be piped to discharge to drain (atmosphere).
The SC valve is available either with the main valve closed when the solenoid is de-energized (NC - Normally Closed) or with the main valve open when the solenoid is de-energized (NO- Normally Open). (NC or NO refers to the main valve, not the solenoid.)
- Positive, drip-tight shut-off
- Simple, on-off operation
- Globe or angle style body
- Main Valve - 106-PG or 206-PG
- Isolating Valves - (2A, 2B, 2C - (optional on 3 in / 80 mm and smaller).
- Strainer - 40 mesh stainless steel screen
- Closing Speed Control - model 852-B (optional on 3 in / 80 mm and smaller).
- Solenoid Pilot Valve
- Opening Speed Control - model 852-B (optional on 3 in / 80 mm and smaller).
Standard materials for pilot system components are:
- ASTM B62 bronze or ASTM B-16 brass
- Stainless steel trim
- Standard solenoid coil is rated as NEMA 1, 2, 3, 3S, 4 and 4X, combination general purpose and watertight. Other voltages, ratings and constructions are available, consult with Singer Valve.