Singer Valve - Model 106-AC - Anti-Cavitation Control Valve
From Main Valve Options
The 106-AC series control valve is designed to solve high pressure drop problems by allowing smooth control and protection from cavitation damage. It’s ideal for applications where large pressure differentials preclude the use of standard automatic control valves and varying flows make orifice plates ineffective.
The AC control valve contains two heavy stainless steel sliding cages that maximize the full flow capacity. The first cage directs and contains the cavitation recovery, allowing it to dissipate harmlessly. While the second cage allows further control to a level as low as atmospheric pressure downstream. The cages are engineered to meet the flow / pressure differential of each application.
- Solves high pressure drop problems
- Controls variable flows & vibration
- Significantly reduces noise
- Self-contained – actuators not required
- Customizable to meet your application needs
- Removable Stem Cap
- ASTM A536 Ductile Iron Construction
- 316 Stainless Steel Stem
- Buna-N / EPDM Diaphragm
- Buna-N / EPDM Resilient Disc
- 316 Stainless Steel Seat
- Cavitation Recovery Chamber
- NSF 61 Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coating
Your application requires the discharge pressure of a fixed speed pump to be limited to 110 psi / 7.6 bar. The pump is designed for 1200 USGPM / 75.7 L/s at 100 psi / 6.9 bar. The maximum shut-off pressure is 160 psi / 11 bar.
The relief valve will discharge back to the reservoir (atmosphere), when system demand is low but the pump is still required to operate.
Differential Pressure acceptable: 110 psi / 7.6 bar to atmosphere, which is always less than maximum 300 psi / 20.7 bar Differential Ratio acceptable: Constant Up to 1200 USGPM / 75.7 L/s:
- Above dashed line for 4 in / 100 mm – 4 in / 100 mm too small
- Below solid line for 6 in / 150 mm – 1,800 USGPM / 113.6 L/s
- OK for continuous operation.
To control surging caused by pump starting and stopping, combine the RPS function with pump control valve functions. Contact Singer Valve for more details.
- The valve shall be utilized where large pressure differentials preclude the use of standard automatic control valves due to cavitation damage and the resulting excessive wear, noise and vibration. The Anti-Cavitation Valve shall reliably control varying flows making orifice plates and/or multiple valves utilized in series ineffective and therefore unacceptable.
- Orifices on the anti-cavitation cage shall be an engineered design based on flow range and pressure differential. Each valve shall be a customized, engineered solution specific to a given application.
- Elongated slots shall not be permitted, circular orifices only on the stainless steel cages.
- Various pilot and valve functions may be selected, including but not limited to remote control, pressure reduction, pressure relief, tank filling, etc.
- Refer to Main Valve section, page 74, 106-PG for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.
CAUTION: Valve sizes, dimensions and selection criteria shall be referenced only from the Anti-Cavitation section on pages 86. The following addendum shall be added to the 106-PG in the Main Valve section, page 11, for a detailed Anti-Cavitation specification:
Addendum to 106 PG:
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106 (specify function)-AC, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16/ 25 or 40) pressure rating/ flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. The (specify pilot model) Pilot spring range shall be “___ to ___” psi / bar, with set-point preset at Singer Valve to “___” psi / bar. Consult with Singer Valve for specific function schematic number
- Anti-Cavitation trim shall be utilized in Singer 106 (full port), globe style valves. Anti-Cavitation trim will be incorporated in new production only.
- The valve shall have heavy wall stainless steel cages with round orifices optimized for a specific application. Elongated slots shall not be permitted.
- The bottom cage shall remain stationary. On valves 2 1/2 in / 65 mm and smaller the cage shall be threaded in place. On valves 3 in / 80 mm and larger the cages shall be bolted in place, utilizing Spiralock thread tapping technology.
- The upper cage shall be attached to the valve actuator and will modulate as required to suit the requirements of the specific application.
- Anti-Cavitation trim will contain cavitation while reducing noise and vibration substantially.
- The valve shall effectively contain the cavitation recovery from low to full flow without carry over. Transferring the problem to an orifice plate downstream is not acceptable.
- The Anti-Cavitation valve supplier shall have at least 10 years of successful installations of similar applications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, page 249, for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications on the many pilots that can be utilized with the Anti-Cavitation control valve. For additional engineering notes, refer to page 285.