Smog-Hog - Model MSH - Compact Machine Mount Mist Collectors
Make a big impact in a small space. The compact Smog-Hog MSH is a self-contained electrostatic precipitator (ESP) mist collector that can be mounted directly onto machining centers or nearby using ducting. The MSH is ideal for collecting machine tool coolant mist from applications including CNC machining, cold forming, plastic forming, screw machining, wet grinding and more. Oil and water-based machine mists, fumes and smoke are drawn into the system and then sent through a highly efficient coalescing pre-filter and large ESP collection cell with clean air recirculating back into the facility for a cleaner, healthier work environment. The Smog-Hog MSH provides optimized extraction velocities for most machine center enclosures. The unit ships fully assembled for easy installation.
- Multiple configurations - available in a vertical or horizontal configuration and in single double pass ESP configurations to match unique machining applications.
- Reduced maintenance - the combination of high-efficiency Mist-Stop pre-filter and large capacity ESP cells enables the MSH to capture three to four times the amount of machine fluid than other similar sized collectors. Therefore, fewer cleanings are necessary and the unit can run for longer intervals between servicing.
- Better smoke removal - the variable speed motor allows operators to easily adjust the MSH to airflows up to 1,400 CFM.
- No more filter replacements - ESP cells can be easily washed, so there's no need for costly media filter change outs.
- Life cycle cost advantages - low airflow resistance leads to energy savings and reduced operational costs. Washable filters eliminate the need for costly replacement filters and associated disposal costs.
- Long-term reliability - the MSH uses a motorized direct drive impeller, backward curved wheel, so there is less downtime spent changing worn drive parts.
- Easy maintenance - a heavy-duty latched door provides easy access to the ESP filtration section, while the blower compartment is reachable through a set of quick access bolts.
- Reclaim metal working fluids - an optional drain loop assembly and drain bottle allows the system to recycle machining fluids, reducing operating expenses.
Different than centrifugal, bag or box filters that remove only the largest particles, ESP electrically charges both large and microscopic contaminants, and then strips them from the air stream collecting on grounded collection plates. The resulting discharged air leaves virtually no oil mist, smoke or hazardous particle untouched, releasing only clean air from the system to help you comply with even the strictest federal, state and local environmental standards and keep your workers safe.
UAS ESP technology ensures constant airflow, unlike barrier filters that can plug and become ineffective. Additionally, you will save operational costs with this technology, the ESP cells are washable, eliminating otherwise costly filter replacements and disposal concerns, making your factory cleaner and greener.