SRS - Soundstop Acoustic Curtain
Soundstop is a multi-purpose acoustic barrier, suitable for many applications where the breakout of sound is a problem. In construction Soundstop is ideal for use in ceiling voids or within partition walls. For machinery, Soundstop can be applied to housings or enclosures and used to wrap noisy services and pipes. Soundstop is pleasant and easy to handle, it is formed by bonding lead or polymeric barrier between two layers of SRS Coustifoam. Soundstop will mould to most contours and with a thickness of only 13-15mm, takes up the minimum of space. Available in various types and finishes to meet defined specifications, Soundstop is a most versatile and efficient sound attenuator.
- Soundstop reduces room to room noise up to 46dB.
- Soundstop has a sound reduction index of 28dB.
- Soundstop is easily workable, will form to any contour, and has memory
- When Soundstop is used as a vertical cavity barrier this avoids treating the whole of the ceiling.
- Installation of Soundstop causes minimum disruption.
- Soundstop is Ideal for lining plant and machinery enclosures.
In the case of noise transfer between offices and classrooms via the suspended ceiling void, if it is not possible to install Soundstop, due to services or the plenum being used for air movement, SRS recommend the use of Soundblocker.