TA - Model AIR-TBM Series - Basic Radiation Air Monitor
The AIR-TBM-SP uses standard 57-70 mm filters in T/A's easy change, no leak filter, to trap any airborne radioactivity. The filter is under constant surveillance via pancake GM tube. Air is drawn through the system by a continuous duty pump. The unit is completely self-contained and portable. Room air is drawn in through the charcoal impregnated filter paper. Then through the pump and its 3 ft. exhaust hose that can be extended. The AIR-TBM air sample filter holder from the AC pump can be connected to the TBM-3SR-D through a unique ''groove and track'' bracket on bottom of TBM-3SR-D. This provides attachment of the air sampler filter holder for read-out with the TBM-3SR-D. The TBM-3SR-D is itself a compact surface monitor and survey meter.
- Alpha, Beta-Gamma
- Ideal For First Responders
- Real Time
- Electronics – Tbm-3sr-D
- Easy Change Filter
- Ac Pump Ap-5020e
- Optional: Battery Powered Pump
- Optional: All Ac Operation Or All Battery Operation
- Air Monitor- Radiation
- Wipe Counter
- Surface Monitor
- Personal Air Sampler
- Measures: Airborne radioactivity including aerosol, particulate and gases excluding Noble Gases.
- Sensitivity: Limit of sensitivity (99% confidence level) 1 nanoCi collected on filter paper.
- 2 x 10-11 µCi/cc after 5 days with pump running or 1 x 10-10 µCi/cc after 24 hours
- 3 x 10 -9 µCi/cc after pump runs for 1 hour.
- This level is below 2/10th of the NRC Title 10 limit for 40 Hr. exposure to most hazardous Beta and/or Gamma emitter.
- Detector: 2'' diameter. Thin window 1-3/4'' x 1.5-2 mg/cm2 pancake T-1190 GM detector
- Background: Typically 25 cpm
- Flow Rate: Calibrated at factory. See chart below. Positive displacement pump.
- Pack of 50 filters, charcoal impregnated
- Optional: Can use membrane, paper or glass fiber filters.
- Case: Electronics housed in instrument-case, carrying handle included.
- Electronics: TBM-3SR-D Digital Ratemeter.
- Ranges: 0.01 to 100 mR/hr.
- Meter Response Time: 2 seconds
- Pump Power: AC. 115V, 50-60 Hz (230 V optional)
- Optional: 6 AA batteries
Weight & Dimensions:
- Dimensions TBM-3SR-D: 3'' W x 5'' H x 6''D
- Weight TBM-3SR-D: Electronics – 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions AC Pump: 5'' W x 7'' H x 10''L (Fold Down Handle)
- Weight AC Pump: 6 lbs
- Inlet hose to allow monitoring of closed spaces.