TA - Model NEX-BETA-ABG Series - Drinking Water Safety Monitor
Model NEX-BETA-ABG-7 and 9 are radiation detecting water monitor /controllers for measuring of alpha, beta and gamma emitting radio nuclides. The electronics are microprocessor with LED/LCD display. The system is covered by TA's full one year warranty. On-site service contracts available in many areas.
The alpha, beta flow cell and gamma detector are easily changed via disconnect fittings. All connections are sealed against leaks. The standard water moving system is based on a high precision pump. It has a 10 liter per minute capacity. System can also be operated using city water pressure in which case no pump is required.
A wide range of pump capacities are available to meet users specific needs. The system detectors and electronics are ruggedly built. It comes complete with all cabling tubing and connectors in place and is ready to operate. 115 Volt 60Hz is standard; 220 Volt 50/60 Hz or battery operation are optional.
Detectors in this system:
- Alpha-Beta Detector: Consists of a light-tight detector assembly which interfaces with the sample via quick disconnect coax cables and medical grade hoses. The sample is viewed by a matched pair of 5'' diameter photomultiplier tubes.
- Gamma Scintillation detector has a sensitive 2” diameter crystal.
The Alpha-Beta pulse analysis portion of this system conditions and analyzes the output from the photo-multiplier tubes by pulse height, duration and coincidence; thereby permitting the system to exclude most background and noise counts. Sensitivity is enhanced by the use of stochastic resonance plus high gain, low noise PM tubes and pre-amps.
- Detects Alpha, Beta And Gamma Radiation
- Available in Portable Or Installed Version
- Measures At Or Below Epa/Dhs Pag Levels Protective Action Guideline Levels And Military Drinking Water Limits
- Real Time, In-Line, Continuous Monitor
- High Sensitivity
- No Reagent Tanks To Fill
- No Waste Stream
- Easy Calibration
- Prevent Acute Health Effects
- Reduce Risk Of Chronic Exposure
- Ta Makes The World’s Only Pag-Level Water Monitors
- Also Detects Some Isotopes Down To Lowest Epa Levels
Install Nex-Beta-ABG on your water inlet pipe to automatically and continuously monitor drinking water 24/7 for any radioactive contamination. Facilities with multiple water inlets may wish to install multiple Nex-Beta-ABG Specifically designed to protect populations vulnerable to contaminants, such as in hospitals, schools, and government facilities. Very few cities or water wholesalers monitor water continuously for radiation.
- If water source is reservoir or river the particulate pre-filter with its own RAD Detector is recommended
- Monitor Liquid-Waste-Stream from plant or laboratory to maintain regulatory compliance.