The Vectrino is a high-resolution acoustic velocimeter used to measure 3D water velocity in a wide variety of applications from the laboratory to the ocean. The basis measurement technology is coherent Doppler processing, which is characterized by accurate data with no appreciable zero offset.
- The Vectrino represents a leap forward in performance:
- Minimized size of the electronics makes it fit inside the base instrument.
- Reduced probe size minimizes the flow interference from the probe itself.
- A fourth receiver improves turbulence measurements and provides redundancy.
- Increased internal sampling rate reduces measurement noise.
- Increased maximum velocity range.
- Probe configuration file stored on probe board simplifies a change of probes.
- Integrated temperature sensor in the probe.
- Parallelized receiver increases the number of samples by four (Vectrino+ firmware only).
The Vectrino+ Option
- The Vectrino can be configured with the standard or the Vectrino+ (“Vectrino Plus”) firmware.
- The standard firmware has a performance similar to that of the standard NDV/ADV®, with a maximum output rate of 25Hz.
- The Vectrino+ firmware allows data collection rates up to 200Hz. It also contains a separate echo sounder mode, where the distance to the bottom is measured with sub millimeter accuracy at 10 Hz.
Configuring Your Vectrino
The Vectrino can be configured with the standard or the Vectrino+ (“Vectrino Plus”) firmware.
The standard firmware has a performance similar to that of the standard NDV/ADV®, with a maximum output rate of 25Hz.
The Vectrino+ firmware allows data collection rates up to 200Hz. Several enhancements are planned for the Vectrino+ firmware, including a separate echo sounder mode.
Available probe configurations are:
- Above left: Downlooking probe
- Above right: Sidelooking probe
- Right: Field probe
Available stem configurations are:
From left: Downlooking cable probe, sidelooking cable probe, fixed stem field probe, fixed stem sidelooking probe, fixed stem downlooking probe.
Two connectors are available:
From left: MCBH-12-FS bronze (Impulse) and splash proof connector
Two shipping boxes are available:
Combined tramsportation and storage case (front), simple transportation case (back)