WesTech gravity filters are available in a variety of configurations and designs that can be customized to meet various constraints such as water quality, footprint, backwash requirements and flow requirements. Filter designs can be either round or rectangular and can be either single or multi-cell. In addition, systems can be designed for self-contained backwash storage eliminating the need for backwash pumps.
Gravity filters are commonly constructed of painted carbon steel; however, systems can be designed from corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel or aluminum. Gravity filters allow for design flexibility to help fit into tight footprint requirements when needed.
Gravity filter internals can be customized based on applications and the customer’s preferences. Various options are available for underdrain and overdrain design. These options allow for different types of backwash and air scour, such as baffled overdrains for combined air and water backwash.
- Multi-cell or single cell design
- Prefabricated tanks
- Self-contained backwash designs available
- Available in in a variety of materials
- Wide media selection available for different applications
- Easy to inspect during operation
- Minimizes space requirements and can eliminate backwash pumps
- Low space requirements and ease of installation
- Minimal installation time and costs