WesTech's HiDensity™ Paste Thickener produces non-settling thickened tailings with lower viscosities and underflow concentrations than what is produced in the Deep Bed™ Paste Thickener. The HiDensity Thickener also has a lower height-to-diameter ratio, which allows for on-the-ground construction and much larger diameters.
The HiDensity™ Thickener offers the advantages of paste and thickened tailings for very large tonnages. Water savings and tailings deposition can be accomplished with fewer tanks and at a lower capital cost than with the equivalent number of Deep Bed™ paste thickeners.
Reduced viscosity associated with the underflow concentrations of the HiDensity™ Thickener results in lower pumping costs — an important factor for deposition areas far from the plant.
- Both elevated and on-ground tank designs
- Tunnel access to the underflow pumps
- Rake mechanism with full-length dewatering pickets
- Duty-rated torque to over 4,000,000 ft-lbs
- Self-diluting feedwell
- Diameters 3 to 60m
- Easier to pump low density paste
- Optimal flocculation
- Efficient paste discharge
- Mineral tailings
- Deposit slope of 3-3%
- CCD circuits
- Extend pond life by changing to paste
- Allows tailings deposit without dams