Acoustics and Noise Services
Expert Noise Consultancy-Environmental noise assessment is now more stringent than ever, with a number of recent legislative and regulatory control measures for noise being introduced. We aim to simplify the process of noise management, providing effective noise design advice for new developments and taking a pragmatic approach to mitigation of existing noise problems.
Our noise and acoustic consultants are experienced in a wide variety of environmental, occupational and architectural noise assessments and have in depth knowledge of national and international noise assessment standards.
Our projects cover a wide range of market sectors including wind farms, biomass plants, hydro schemes, PPC permitted heavy industry, housing, commercial developments, and transportation noise.
We understand the fundamental role which reliable noise monitoring can play in subsequent assessments and investigations, and have invested in the latest Class A noise measurement equipment. Furthermore, our noise specialists utilise state of the art computer noise modelling techniques, which allow detailed assessment of complex situations, whilst enabling our clients to easily understand the predicted noise levels, and the effectiveness of noise control schemes.
Noise and Acoustics Assessment Capabilities
We are familiar with undertaking noise assessments to a wide variety of standards including:
- Planning Advice Note (PAN) 1/2011: Planning and Noise, Scotland (formally PAN56)
- Planning Policy Guidance (PPG) 24: Planning and Noise, England
- Technical Advice Note (TAN) 11: Noise, Wales
- ETSU-R-97 The Assessment and Rating of Wind Farms
- BS4142 Method for Rating Industrial Noise Affecting Mixed Residential and Industrial Areas
- BS 5228 Noise and vibration from construction, demolition and open sites (e.g. mineral extraction, landfill)
- Noise assessment and control for PPC Permitting, Environment Agency & SEPA
- BREEAM assessments
- CRTN & CRN, Calculation of road traffic and railway noise
- BS6472 Guide to evaluation of human exposure to vibration in buildings
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Noise at Work regulations