AERC's Pre-paid Return Program offers a comprehensive recycling service for commercial, institutional, municipal, and governmental waste generators. Our services are competitive, cost-effective, and compliant with all federal, state, and local Regulations
- One price includes everything you need.
- Convenience for small quantity generators with storage limitations.
- Reduces the chances of facility contamination by minimizing volumes of waste on-site.
- Allows each facility to purchase recycling services based on its individual needs.
- Allows for proper management with minimal handling of waste.
- Eliminates the need to fill out complicated shipping documents
- Reduces administrative burden without reducing control.
- Establishes standard operating procedures from facility to facility
- Allows one phone call to provide recycling services for the entire month, quarter or year.
- Mercury is a toxic metal that is hazardous to both the environment and human health.
- An ounce of mercury contaminates a lake for centuries.
- 100 fluorescent lamps contain approximately 4 grams of mercury.
- Ballasts contain polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB's) which is a hazardous waste.
- Batteries contain heavy metals and corrosive components.
- Computer monitors contain toxic lead in the glass and circuits.
The EPA issued the UWR in 1995 to reduce the amount of hazardous waste items entering municipal solid waste. It encourages recycling and proper disposal of certain wastes. Regulatory and administrative burdens for managing wastes were also streamlined. Numerous states have moved forward with the inclusion of electronic scrap (e-scrap) into the UWR. In addition, numerous states have banned monitors from landfills.
- Straight Fluorescent Lamps
- U-Tubes, Circular Lamps
- Shattershields, Coated Lamps
- High Intensity Discharge Lamps
- Non-PCB Lighting Ballast
- Alkaline (non-mercury)
- NiCad (dry)
- Carbon Zinc (non-mercury)
- Nickel Iron
- Nickel Metal Hydride
- Zinc Air
- Miscellaneous wires and components