EWI’s Environmental Due Diligence team includes licensed and accredited lead-based paint (LBP) and asbestos-containing material (ACM) inspectors qualified to perform building surveys and associated building material sampling. These services are offered in support of various client projects that require building renovation, demolition, and other similar site restoration activities.
Asbestos-Containing Material (ACM) Surveys
- EWI’s licensed professionals conduct ACM surveys in accordance with guidelines established by the EPA Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Program or National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs) as applicable.
- Surveys typically with a review of construction documents (when available), followed by visual surveys of the structures to identify suspect ACMs which are then sampled and submitted to an independent laboratory for analysis.
- Following receipt of analytical results EWI will quantify the area and/or volume and condition of ACMs for abatement considerations.
Lead-Based Paint (LBP) Surveys
- For LBP surveys, EWI’s licensed professionals follow the guidelines established by the EPA, Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and applicable state and local requirements.
- Surveys are conducted using x-ray fluorescence (XRF) technology with equipment owned by EWI. Additionally, paint chips can be collected and analyzed by certified laboratories, if further analysis is needed or required by the specifications of the project.
- Following field and/or laboratory analysis the area/volume and condition of LBP can be quantified for abatement considerations.