Asbestos Management Plans Services
An Asbestos Survey report is not an Asbestos Management Plan. An Asbestos Survey Report forms a comprehensive material assessment of all the asbestos materials identified within the scope of survey. The material assessment will give a good initial guide to the priority for asbestos management as it identifies the materials which will most readily release airborne fibres if disturbed. It is the duty holder’s responsibility to manage and prioritise the risk associated with these asbestos materials and to prepare a long term asbestos management plan, as required under Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. Management priority must be determined by carrying out a priority assessment of the likelihood of the asbestos materials identified being disturbed.
The Priority assessment takes into account factors...
The Priority assessment takes into account factors such as:
- Maintenance Activities
- Likelihood of Disturbance
- Human Exposure Potentials
- Occupant activity / Building usage
It should be noted that a Priority Assessment must be compiled in association with the client who will have full knowledge of the activities carried out on their premises.
The results of the combined material assessment and priority assessment are used to calculate the overall risk assessment.
Management plans are developed from the overall risk assessment, and will generally contain information such as:
- How to record details of the location and condition of asbestos materials
- Priority assessments
- Table of priority for action
- Decisions on management options
- Timetable for action
- Monitoring / Re-inspection arrangements (Re-inspections to be undertaken in periods not exceeding 12 months)
- Employee Responsibilities
- Training Arrangements (Regulation 10 CAR)
- Methods for sharing information regarding asbestos materials
- Procedure for reviewing the management plan
ENV Surveys can put together a suitable management plan in accordance with The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 based on the clients requirements, using existing information where available. Alternatively we can provide advice on how the duty holder can comply with the regulations with regard to the formation of a management plan.
No reviews were found for Asbestos Management Plans Services. Be the first to review!