Asbestos Management Surveys Services
From Asbestos Consultants
An Asbestos Management Survey is the standard survey required on any building built or refurbished before 2000. Its purpose is to locate as far as reasonably practicable, the presence and extent of any suspect Asbestos Containing Materials in the building which could be damaged or disturbed during normal occupancy, including foreseeable maintenance and installation, and to access their condition.
What can we do to help?
Asbestos Management Surveys will often involve minor intrusive work and some disturbance. The extent of intrusion will vary between premises and depend on what is reasonably practicable for individual properties. Following completion of your management survey, you will be provided with a report detailing the location and properties of any asbestos found within the building.
Our Asbestos Management Surveys will include a risk assessment of the condition of the various Asbestos Containing Materials found and their ability to release fibres into the air if they are disturbed in some way. This will give you a good initial guide to the priority for managing Asbestos Containing Materials as it will identify the materials that will most readily release airborne fibres if they are disturbed.
Asbestos Management Surveys will generally cover routine and simple maintenance work. However where more extensive maintenance or repair work is involved a Pre-Refurbishment Asbestos Survey will be required.
We have the experience where it counts
We are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to ISO 17020 for asbestos surveys. Our four in-house asbestos testing laboratories are accredited by UKAS to ISO 17025 for the analysis of bulk samples.
Asbestos in buildings
Below are key points you really need to know regarding Asbestos in Buildings:
- Asbestos only becomes a problem once it’s disturbed and the fibres airborne.
- Any building built prior to year 2000 can contain asbestos.
- Non-domestic buildings must have an asbestos survey report and register. Asbestos materials identified in the building must be managed and the register updated regularly.
- Preventing exposure to asbestos dust will protect against related illness and fatal diseases
- If you own or are responsible for a commercial building and you fail to manage the asbestos correctly you could expose individuals to asbestos fibres resulting in a prosecution and imprisonment.
No reviews were found for Asbestos Management Surveys Services. Be the first to review!